Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Old, white, rural people voted for Trump. Luckily, old people die and the long-term trends are inexorably towards a less white, more urban population. This kind of victory will get harder and harder to repeat.

Nov%25252018%25252C%2525201956%252520-%252520We%252520will%252520bury%252520you%252520-%252520AP%252520story%25255B2%25255D.png

Relying on the Grim Reaper worked out well for the USSR after all.

The Mexican peso fell by 12% on the news of Trump winning, so the wall will cost them much more if he wants payment in US$

Its good to see that so many people who post on urban don't believe in democracy

So, Lincoln was a Republican and there were redneck Southern Democrats like George Wallace in office until a generation ago, but when did the two party's shift poles so that Democrats were broadly to the left of the republicans?

The Mexican peso fell by 12% on the news of Trump winning, so the wall will cost them much more if he wants payment in US$

Its good to see that so many people who post on urban don't believe in democracy

Oh it's just humanity I don't believe in.

Ever gone on a protest against your elected government? Do you think all the people in the UK who've marched on tory and/or new labour governments don't believe in democracy?

Ever gone on a protest against your elected government? Do you think all the people in the UK who've marched on tory and/or new labour governments don't believe in democracy?
The people have spoken suck it up :)

iirc you were one of those throwing your toys out of the pram when the people spoke on Britexit as well, democracy's a great thing when people vote "the right way" :)

iirc you were one of those throwing your toys out of the pram when the people spoke on Britexit as well, democracy's a great thing when people vote "the right way" :)

ayo you're both being dicks, be quiet for a while.

So, Lincoln was a Republican and there were redneck Southern Democrats like George Wallace in office until a generation ago, but when did the two party's shift poles so that Democrats were broadly to the left of the republicans?
After Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights act. He said something along the lines of "this will give the Republicans the south for a generation".

After Lyndon Johnson signed the Civil Rights act. He said something along the lines of "this will give the Republicans the south for a generation".
That sounds like the death knell of the Southern Democrats, but I was trying to work out when the party became social liberals nationally (1890s-Roosevelt era according to Wikipedia).

No to the first question and also no to the 2nd question. I live where I live because I don't have to bother with shit like that, you could do the same. Its a big world and you can choose where to live if you qualify for a visa, you can't change the world but you can change your world :)

No to the first question and also no to the 2nd question. I live where I live because I don't have to bother with shit like that, you could do the same. Its a big world and you can choose where to live if you qualify for a visa, you can't change the world but you can change your world :)

Where do you live?

So why bang on about democracy if you couldn't care less?

So why bang on about democracy if you couldn't care less?
Because people like you want it both ways, you want to vote but don't like it when people vote a different way to you, if you don't like it move to somewhere you do like, it isn't hard.

krtek a houby Just spend 2 minutes looking at your posts after the Britexit vote and you'll see why I'm pointing at you

Because people like you want it both ways, you want to vote but don't like it when people vote a different way to you, if you don't like it move to somewhere you do like, it isn't hard.

I don't like it when the tories get elected. I don't like what they've done to the NHS and welfare, and that's at the very least. Should I just smile and accept it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom