Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do working class white males not matter in this too, or are you playing some sort of shit identity politics devoid of any class analysis?

Besides plenty of black, LGBT and women did vote for Trump but that will be inconvenient for liberals.
Have to agree with bimble here. 19 black women out of every 20 did not vote for trump.

Like brexit class analysis of this is complex as there are other important factors in play than just economic or social class.

What do you think about this - from the exit polls. It suggests that the people on the lowest incomes voted for Clinton and that your use of the word 'plenty' should maybe be defined.

View attachment 95226

View attachment 95228

Well like most of these things, I'd like to know its source, how the data was formulated and how, its potential biases, it's a small polling sample too.

I have no data (in reply to ruts too) and so might be wrong, but voting patterns aren't as simple as 'I'm black/LGBT/woman and therefore socially liberally and therefore I will vote Clinton'.

How people vote is also complicated by all manner of variables such as socio-economic, class implications, rejection of liberal conscensus, protest voting, etc.

Or did liberals learn fuck all from the EU referendum either?

He's won all three. Jesus. I said after the racists won earlier in the year I'd leave the UK and move to the US. Fuck this.

Greenland it is.

She's gonna sweep PST but these fuckwits in Ohio etc. What the actual fuck. Aiiiiihhiigih.

Why are people so fucking thick? The people who will suffer most from Brexit are the idiot fucks who voted for it, and this will be exactly the same. And us.

Qfp. Gtf.

it's an interesting take and highlights how Trump's strategy pushed Clinton into a situation where the response could only be negative
had it been an ordinary Republican candidate she could have pretended to have a positive vision like they all usually do, but this time it wouldn't have been credible.
I’m not sure about that: I think Clinton would have lost whoever she was up against really. She didn’t have anything to offer but ‘more of the same’ – and while most of the other republican contenders also offered some variation on that, they wouldn’t have been so intimately involved with the levers of power for the past 8 years, so could still sell themselves as the hope/change candidate, and they wouldn't have had the repulsive characteristics which did put a load of people off voting Trump.

The Democrats were fucked the moment they forced Clinton onto the ticket.

Just woke up to see this news. In many ways it is horrifying, though given what he had to fight against - both political establishments, the media, almost all of the money etc - it is probably the greatest political upset in many years.

If anyone is wondering why he won, perhaps the best indicator is in that leaked speech of Bill Clinton's (emphasis added):

“But what that is reflective of – the same thing happened in the Greek election – when people feel they’ve been shafted and they don’t expect anything to happen anyway, they just want the maddest person in the room to represent them.”

When you describe a 26% fall in GDP, nearly 50% youth unemployment, pensioners wiped out financially, hundreds of thousands homeless and thousands of suicides as only "feel they've been shafted" perhaps you shouldn't be surprise when this kind of result happens.

I’m not sure about that: I think Clinton would have lost whoever she was up against really. She didn’t have anything to offer but ‘more of the same’ – and while most of the other republican contenders also offered some variation on that, they wouldn’t have been so intimately involved with the levers of power for the past 8 years, so could still sell themselves as the hope/change candidate, and they wouldn't have had the repulsive characteristics which did put a load of people off voting Trump.

The Democrats were fucked the moment they forced Clinton onto the ticket.
there were some pretty dismal Republican contenders to be fair. I don't know if she could have won against whoever the next most likely candidate was (recent experience has taught me to try to avoid making predictions), but I guess I basically agree and its ironic that the 'political experience' that was meant to be a selling point in fact may have counted against her.

there were some pretty dismal Republican contenders to be fair. I don't know if she could have won against whoever the next most likely candidate was (recent experience has taught me to try to avoid making predictions), but I guess I basically agree and its ironic that the 'political experience' that was meant to be a selling point in fact may have counted against her.

She would have beat anyone else in that field - though it was a terrible field. Sanders would have beaten them all, including Trump.

And still people posting shit gifs 'thicko racists', 'fuhrer huh huh'. I realise it is much easier to do this than actually stop burying your liberal heads in the sand and start critically analysing why people like Trump have won and Clinton not.

Christ, Trump winning brings me no pleasure whatsoever (and nor would Clinton particularly), but really, the response on here just demonstrates precisely the point.

Been spying on a friend's FB feed this morning, and it's really highly depressing. Full of people I know that would say they were radicals/anarchists vying with each other for seeing who can shout 'thick/uneducated/racist Americans' the loudest. :mad:

She would have beat anyone else in that field - though it was a terrible field. Sanders would have beaten them all, including Trump.
if I remember rightly Sanders polled well vs Trump didn't he? although if that's what the polls said maybe that means it'd have been a landslide Trump victory

if I remember rightly Sanders polled well vs Trump didn't he? although if that's what the polls said maybe that means it'd have been a landslide Trump victory

He polled far better than she did; and its hard to see how his policy platform would have been as unattractive as hers was - for a start, he wouldn't have been as clearly identifiable as the preferred candidate of the banks / financial sector / media etc.

...so is that the final stake in the heart of TTIP then...

who knows what the details of his 'policies' are - best bet is to track the locations of his properties and to expect initially an increased focus there. One has to hope that his relatively magnamimous acceptance speech is the tenor of his programme here on in.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man what a year.​

Reactions: xes
it's good to see the right wing establishment neo-liberal banking and war party candidate being beaten, pity Trump won though. I was rooting for Jill Stein personally.

Stunning outcome. They all got it wrong....pollsters, media. They didn't take into account the intensity of Trump support and the tepidness of Hillary support......although those things had been discussed by them throughout the campaign. Dark days and years ahead I think.

Well like most of these things, I'd like to know its source, how the data was formulated and how, its potential biases, it's a small polling sample too.

I have no data (in reply to ruts too) and so might be wrong, but voting patterns aren't as simple as 'I'm black/LGBT/woman and therefore socially liberally and therefore I will vote Clinton'.

How people vote is also complicated by all manner of variables such as socio-economic, class implications, rejection of liberal conscensus, protest voting, etc.
Of course all of what you say there is true. Here's where those stats came from, but no info on turnout yet and the samples are smallish if consistent.
2016 election results: National Exit polls

What does she say? I don't want to open the app.
The twitter link is about her comments re Trump on the Peston on Sunday programme a while back.
She's back on realpolitik messaging now.

Nicola Sturgeon has said the "deep and enduring" ties between Scotland and the US will continue regardless of who wins the presidential election.
The Scottish first minister has made her support for Hillary Clinton and disapproval of Donald Trump clear.
But as voting in the election continued, Ms Sturgeon said she would respect the outcome no matter who won.
And she said she would seek to ensure that relationships between Scotland and the US remained in good health.
Ms Sturgeon has previously stripped Mr Trump, the Republican candidate, of his status as a business ambassador for Scotland despite his investment in two Scottish golf courses.

Nicola Sturgeon: Scottish-US ties 'will endure' - BBC News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom