Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quote you posted (like those in my post above) are part of a long line of attacks on democracy. Because I'm an anarchist I'm a democrat and I find such attacks both vile and dangerous.

NB: Worth noting in reference to the excellent piece that BA posted some pages back that two of these quotes mention "the people"
Yes, that piece he linked to explaining what has been done to the word populism was brilliant.
Marco D'Eramo: Populism and the New Oligarchy. New Left Review 82, July-August 2013.

Will this change anything? A woman who was underage when he sexually assaulted her comes forward. Is that going to be the thing that makes some of his supporters think again? Probably, maybe a very few of them. What the fuck mental process is involved in seeing this as 'good news'. :(

I don't wish to don the mettalic hat here but is there any milage in the idea that the late-stage FBI email thing indicates that this agencey would work actively towards and wish for a Trump presidency? Back to the glory days of Hoover, of murdering Black Panthers in their beds and so forth?

Will this change anything? A woman who was underage when he sexually assaulted her comes forward. Is that going to be the thing that makes some of his supporters think again? Probably, maybe a very few of them. What the fuck mental process is involved in seeing this as 'good news'. :(

Quite, if Christ himself rose on Nov 7th and announced his intention to vote for Clinton on Nov 8th, I'm fairly certain sections of Trump's supporters would just denounce their saviour.

I don't wish to don the mettalic hat here but is there any milage in the idea that the late-stage FBI email thing indicates that this agencey would work actively towards and wish for a Trump presidency? Back to the glory days of Hoover, of murdering Black Panthers in their beds and so forth?
Maybe not Trump himself but just the party, the people that would be appointed in positions of legislative power etc if the D wins it?

Obviously the (alleged) offence is not good news but if, through a brave public appearance, the victim gets nearer to seeing justice done, then there would be some good news. If, into the bargain, it harmed Trump, then so much the better.

Hard to see any other motivation, tbh. The idea that they innocently don't know the effect of what they're doing is pretty far-fetched. Why else?

Hard to see any other motivation, tbh. The idea that they innocently don't know the effect of what they're doing is pretty far-fetched. Why else?

Not sure that is particularly correct. The idea that Comey didn't know the content of those emails is daft - why else inform the head of the FBI unless what was found is significant - but his motivation for this is probably self-protection; if he didn't do the minimum necessary to update the record with regards to his previous testimony to Congress then it would be his head on the block, irrespective of who wins.

Maybe the educated should have more votes than those intolerant people who didn't go to university.

It's a shame a lot more people *without* degrees didn't turn out to vote in the primaries - the 25% or so of Americans that vote in primaries tend to be older, better-educated, and richer than average, and look at the crap they chose.

I'm beginning to get a feeling that we might still be in the position of re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-counting votes in January...

Quite, if Christ himself rose on Nov 7th and announced his intention to vote for Clinton on Nov 8th, I'm fairly certain sections of Trump's supporters would just denounce their saviour.

If some swarthy Middle Eastern guy talking in a language nobody understood walked into a Trump rally and tried to start telling people they should be voting for Clinton instead, it would not end well.

If some swarthy Middle Eastern guy talking in a language nobody understood walked into a Trump rally and tried to start telling people they should be voting for Clinton instead, it would not end well.

You mean pals of his like..?

Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem of Dubai:

3642.jpg

Or Hussein Sajwani of DAMAC?

Akoya_Damac_83.jpg

Of course it is likely that money and tax-breaks speak louder than race/religion here?

Don't be stupid Yossarian we all know that Jesus, like Santa, was both real and white.

Trump gets an unwanted endorsement.
...Trump has received scan few newspaper endorsements, but just a week before the election he picked up a front-page nod from The Crusader, a prominent Ku Klux Klan-affiliated publication that bills itself as 'The Premier Voice of the White Resistance.'

"While Trump wants to make America great again, we have to ask ourselves, 'What made America great in the first place?'"..."The short answer to that is simple. America was great not because of what our forefathers did — but because of who our forefathers were. America was founded as a White Christian Republic. And as a White Christian Republic it became great."
KKK Newspaper Backs Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom