Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump the road that might not lead to the White House - Redux 2024 thread.

I'm not sure what the rules say. Are they that you can't win more than two elections, or that you can't serve more than two terms? In his tiny mind he's aiming to do the former, but hasn't been allowed to serve his deservedly won second term.

Section 1​

No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice, and no person who has held the office of President, or acted as President, for more than two years of a term to which some other person was elected President shall be elected to the office of the President more than once. But this Article shall not apply to any person holding the office of President when this Article was proposed by the Congress, and shall not prevent any person who may be holding the office of President, or acting as President, during the term within which this Article becomes operative from holding the office of President or acting as President during the remainder of such term.

Amending that rule would be tricky:
Article V
The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.
Although maybe the supreme court judges could do some "creative" interpretations of it all :hmm:

As a possible VP to a term-limited 78-year-old cheeseburger aficionado, Noem would have had a good shot at becoming president but I think she's blown it now, even a lot of conservatives are condemning her.

And there's a bonus for Biden - if he's criticised, as he deserves to be, for not sending Commander away until Secret Service personnel had been bitten dozens of times, he can say "At least I didn't shoot it in a gravel pit"

Farah Griffin, former Trump White House staff :

"Dogs are a gift from God. They’re a reflection of his unconditional love. Anyone who would needlessly hurt an animal because they are inconvenient needs help.”

Are they a gift from a fictional character?

Farah Griffin, former Trump White House staff :

"Dogs are a gift from God. They’re a reflection of his unconditional love. Anyone who would needlessly hurt an animal because they are inconvenient needs help.”

Are they a gift from a fictional character?
Republicans:

'Mah dawg, a gift from God'

'Other animals? Shoot 'em... right to bear arms... MAGA... hunting is a gift from God'.

As a possible VP to a term-limited 78-year-old cheeseburger aficionado, Noem would have had a good shot at becoming president but I think she's blown it now, even a lot of conservatives are condemning her.

And there's a bonus for Biden - if he's criticised, as he deserves to be, for not sending Commander away until Secret Service personnel had been bitten dozens of times, he can say "At least I didn't shoot it in a gravel pit"

To be honest, I can't help but think that Commander might be on to something when it comes to the Secret Service. I don't think it's been properly purged of Trump loyalists.

What changed as a result? Did smartphones happen? Global warming? Fidget spinners?
It was a decent story about dilly boys in Soho and early gay pride marches. Not much was historically different. Mind you, Harold Wilson was a crazed power mad psychopath (though that might have been in the sequel).

Eta: for anyone interested, the book is Beneath the Streets by Adam MacQueen.

" i shot my puppy cos it was pissing me off" - its probably close to the single most disastrous thing a politician could ever possibly say.
doing it is bad enough - but blithely telling everonye all about in a book shows a spectacular lack of awareness wrt to the how 99% of the population would react.

What the fuck is wrong with Americans

CNN Poll: Trump maintains lead over Biden in 2024 matchup as views on their presidencies diverge​

Some of them have swallowed the kool aid wholesale.

The whole patriotic strongman is in vogue and the more Trump is attacked by the deep state, the more the base doubles down on support.

When he claimed he could get away with murder, he was pretty much on the ball. He knows his audience well.

Back
Top Bottom