Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who 2024 - News, views, spin-offs

Punching a diamond wall for billions of years is one of my favourite Dr Who moments.

It was like a thousand times harder than diamond or something.

But even just regular diamond, I'm pretty sure you could punch it infinity times and never make a single dent. Any deformation of an elastic material due to mechanical stress lasts only as long as the force is applied. This is why you don't leave footprints in your floorboards.

It was like a thousand times harder than diamond or something.

But even just regular diamond, I'm pretty sure you could punch it infinity times and never make a single dent. Any deformation of an elastic material due to mechanical stress lasts only as long as the force is applied. This is why you don't leave footprints in your floorboards.
Old stone floors get worn down by the passing of feet after mere centuries.

I’d be fine with hundreds or even thousands of dimensions. I’m just slightly perturbed by 10^80.

Reactions: Chz
You can only perceive each dimension against the background of a higher number of dimensions. So you can only see a straight line when it's plotted on a two-dimensional plane. And you can only appreciate the flatness of a plane in the context of a three-dimensional space. And so on. So whenever a Time Lord finds a way to view a new dimension, the existence of another one is implied.

I'm more pissed off than ever that work turned down my holiday for the following day. TWO episodes of Doctor Who AND Eurovision. That's more TV than I watched over xmas! :mad:

So, do I understand correctly that it appears on iPlayer at midnight Saturday AM, then is on BBC 1 in the evening? I hope so as I have my choir concert that evening and don't want son and husband to have to miss it for me (I can manage, but son won't want to wait), so that means we could watch it together on Saturday morning.

A week to go! 🥳
Just realised with mounting horror that I'm travelling all day next Saturday to the east coast of Scotland (which appears to be an unfathomably long way from Yorkshire) and I may not get there in time. I could download and watch on the train but that feels wrong somehow. And the place I'm staying might have a shit TV with no iPlayer access.

Just realised with mounting horror that I'm travelling all day next Saturday to the east coast of Scotland (which appears to be an unfathomably long way from Yorkshire) and I may not get there in time. I could download and watch on the train but that feels wrong somehow. And the place I'm staying might have a shit TV with no iPlayer access.
I understand the first two episodes drop at 12:01am on Saturday. So you should have time to download them on your phone or other device that supports iPlayer before your journey. Maybe even watch on the journey!

I understand the first two episodes drop at 12:01am on Saturday. So you should have time to download them on your phone or other device that supports iPlayer before your journey. Maybe even watch on the journey!
It feels disrespectful to watch a new Doctor's proper debut (Xmas episodes don't really count in my head canon) on a phone screen. But it may have to do.

No idea what it all means, but thanks for that all the same.
Within seconds of the Match of the Day titles, they intercut the TARDIS flying into archive footage of the programme and then into that shot of a future version with Ncuti as a pundit. The real Match of the Day then started.

Back
Top Bottom