Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who 2024 - News, views, spin-offs

Was the little shimmy by Sue Triad as she took to the podium a little skit of Theresa May? Did anyone else think Sutech was K9 on steroids?

Was the little shimmy by Sue Triad as she took to the podium a little skit of Theresa May? Did anyone else think Sutech was K9 on steroids?
I thought it was a bit of a callback to An Unearthly Child (1963) where Susan Foreman was seen holding a little transistor radio near her ear and dancing - I just took it as a parody of/reference to that.

Why the heck does everything have to be anagrams? The master must have been over the moon to discover someone called 'Tremas' to take over.

Mrs Flood - Stream - Master
Or
Mrs Flood - Rain - Rani

Take your pick.

Mrs Flood
Amy Pond
River Song
Jackson Lake
Adelaide Brook

Hmm Adelaide Brook was in a water based episode (also RTD written) with the enemy being the Flood - I don't recall much of the detail but google and Tardis Fandom Wiki suggest as much

Hmm Adelaide Brook was in a water based episode (also RTD written) with the enemy being the Flood - I don't recall much of the detail but google and Tardis Fandom Wiki suggest as much
The water infected people and made their mouths go all crusty. And then try to kill everyone.

It's well done, but very RTD telling me how I should be feeling right now and how wrong I am if I'm not.

Mrs Flood was being ominous, but I don't think that necessarily means she's baddie - it's possible that's a red herring and she is an anti Sutekh person of some kind. Heck, maybe she's Susan

Mrs Flood was being ominous, but I don't think that necessarily means she's baddie - it's possible that's a red herring and she is an anti Sutekh person of some kind. Heck, maybe she's Susan
I thought she was downright nasty - I don't always feel like making a cuppa either but that (the way she responded) was rude.

Ziggy and gsv have just watched Pyramids of Mars. Apparently Sutekh is the same actor from those episodes (Gabriel Woolf) - he must be pretty ancient now, as he was born in 1932

Ziggy and gsv have just watched Pyramids of Mars. Apparently Sutekh is the same actor from those episodes (Gabriel Woolf) - he must be pretty ancient now, as he was born in 1932
It's my favourite Doctor Who story of all time, it also stars my childhood/teenage friend's dad as the unwitting human villain/accomplice (who was also Admiral Ozzel in The Empire Strikes Back)

Why the heck does everything have to be anagrams? The master must have been over the moon to discover someone called 'Tremas' to take over.

180px-Official_portrait_of_Keir_Starmer_crop_2.jpg

:hmm:

Please at least if you are going to use it as a joke make sure there aren't too many Rs in the name Signal 11 🤣
We all know Starmer is a useless fucking twazzock, but there are 2 Rs in his surname :facepalm:
I also don't think he'd have the personality or wherewithal to be Doctor Who villain :(

Back
Top Bottom