Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Doctor Who 2024 - News, views, spin-offs

This is keeping me awake... If there is no ultimate story arc link between Ruby Sunday and Ricky September, I am going to be gravely disappointed.
well, there was another Susan Twist appearance, so it is definitely part of the wider arc, not just a one off (which is a bit of a shame, as I would enjoy a complete one off with n0 wider connections, but hey ho)

Definitely good. Nothing wrong with stealing candyfloss bleakness from Charlie Brooker. The finetimers were the best monsters so far this series, although I’m not sure whether they were meant to be snobs or racists. Maybe both. Anyway, a Swiftian and well deserved pop at Gen Z.
Was just about to post the same question. Hadn't even thought it was about the doc's ethnicity, was thinking more about classism or some kind soc media/Gen Z thing as you say.

Enjoyed it, in a dark way, though I didn't quite follow where the 'bug' had come from. Drink had been taken though.

I'm guessing the writers had Logan's Run in mind for the smiley happy you g people with no knowledge of the world outside.

I do have one major complaint - I've had fucking Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini as my earworm since Saturday night

:mad: :mad: :mad:

William Russell who played Ian is no more. RIP.
That marks the longest interval between television appearances as the same character in history, with Guinness World Records stating: “The longest gap between TV appearances is 57 years 120 days, and was achieved by William Russell (UK) as the Doctor Who character Ian Chesterton in ‘The Power of the Doctor’ episode, which aired on 23 October 2022.
Hell of a tea break.

That's sad, I used to enjoy his turning up for all the Doctor Who audio commentaries back when DVDs were a thing :(

What episode was the power of the doctor? I don't remember Russell turning up in anything.
The one where the Master steals the Doctor's body and pretends to be Rasputin then Tennant comes back. John Bishop goes to a meeting for former companions at the end where he meets Mel Bush and Ian among others.

The one where the Master steals the Doctor's body and pretends to be Rasputin then Tennant comes back. John Bishop goes to a meeting for former companions at the end where he meets Mel Bush and Ian among others.
Oh of course that would be the one. I probably didn't register. I thought he had come back in a slightly bigger role interacting with the doctor.

Rumours abounding online that new Doctor might be…
… GAY!!! :eek:

BBC were unavailable for comment.

Fucking romance. Had enough when he was knobbng Madame De Pompadour off screen. Patrick Troughton never got any and that's how I like it! It did seem a bit like the Madame De Pompadour episode but less original. It was proper Doctor Who though. Nothing wrong with the episode but I preferred the previous three.

I thought that was good fun!

In terms of the Doctor snogging, I've got used to the idea.
As long as it doesn't turn into a romance drama rather than action-adventure, I think him travelling with a lover/partner rather than a platonic good friend might change the nature of the show a bit, but I don't have an issue with the idea of him having dalliances/lovers, or the subject coming up (so to speak)

Enjoyable episode, good old fashioned monster stuff.

Rumours abounding online that new Doctor might be…
… GAY!!! :eek:

BBC were unavailable for comment.
I thought that was the whole point of this doctor.

Your gaydar must be off if you're only just realising this.

I reckon this Doctor is pansexual - any gender (or none), gender identity (or none) or species, he'll have 'em. :D

Doesn't seem to me that there's much interest in watching this series? No-one that I know IRL has watched any of it. My teenage daughter, who regularly rewatches the Tennant and Smith episodes, had shown zero interest in this reboot.

Back
Top Bottom