Are you an audiophile?

• Yes

Votes: 31 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 83 36.1%
  • Audiophiles are deluded bullshitters

Votes: 116 50.4%

• Total voters
These firms all know they're on the blag. There's no question. They know their market will lap up any old bullshit as long as they put a special badge and make a spurious scientific claim. It's basically the same hussle that gets used on the conspiraloon market on infowars etc, seriously marked up food supplements making all kinds of wild health claims.

What pisses me off is places like Richer Sounds, who are genuinely decent employers, ripping off their customers. I was in there before all this started and an old bloke was buying an HDMI cable for his grandaughter. They sold him one for a tenner and told him to make sure she plugged in the right end first.

They sold him one for a tenner and told him to make sure she plugged in the right end first.

Unfortunately - that is half right if it is for a nintendo switch.
If you are getting the dreaded flashing green light of death, you are advised (by nintendo ) to ensure the power cable for the dock is plugged in before the HDMI . It sometimes works, sometimes you just need to turn the whole thing off for 10 minutes and go for a cup of tea

Always worth spending a while looking at the actual Synergistic Research website, it's a goldmine :cool:

A particular favourite of mine is the UEF record weight. Because it's at this point their utter genius is fleecing idiots becomes truly apparent - not only will they sell you for 800 dollars a piece of crap, but they will also then sell you another, identical piece of crap to use when you're listening to a different genre of music.

Oooooh, actually, they've become more generous, they now include both options in the one price, maybe they realised their previous business model was a step too far even for the idiots they usually sell this shit to :D

Holy fuck.
That looks like every DIY switch made of five cent parts from China I've ever seen. I wonder what their profit margin on that is. 99.997%?

I looked up a review:

https://darko.audio/2018/03/for-the-audiophile-who-has-everything-telegartners-m12-switch-gold/ said:
As regular readers will know, we don’t do double-blind testing or measurements at Darko.Audio. Demanding that a cup of coffee be/come a cup of tea (once served) says that you’re either in the wrong cake shop or that you should brew your own at home.

This reads like George W Bush quit painting and got into reviewing audiophile gear, although "be/come" implies that maybe he went to grad school for a bit first to learn an even stupider way of expressing himself.

Always worth spending a while looking at the actual Synergistic Research website, it's a goldmine :cool:

A particular favourite of mine is the UEF record weight. Because it's at this point their utter genius is fleecing idiots becomes truly apparent - not only will they sell you for 800 dollars a piece of crap, but they will also then sell you another, identical piece of crap to use when you're listening to a different genre of music.
That's fucking brilliant! :D

Fuck me. They just have no shame, making any-fucking-thing imaginable either a selling point or something that needs countering, with one of their special products.
Who knew the sun could make your music sound shit?!
So we began researching variables that could contribute to the mystery of midnight vs. mid-day system performance and came to the conclusion that man-made and solar RF must play a significant role.

my current set up is two bridged nad amps and some kef floorstanders.

I was wondering as I also have a decent pair of bookshelf speakers if I could run a crossover between amps and incorporate the bookshelves as tops and the floorstanders as bottoms?

IMG_20200828_183200.jpg

That vase will be causing unwanted transmissive articulations in the sound sphere, I'd suggest filling it with a custom blend of fine crystal sands, sieved earth and activated groundnut charcoal. I'd be happy to supply enough to fill it for just £1200. Your lamp cable will also be causing electro-magnetic interferiogation, I can balance that using two gold-invested pyramidal salt crystals for a mere £800.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom