• No

Votes: 83 36.1%
  • Audiophiles are deluded bullshitters

Votes: 116 50.4%

• Total voters
This...

And this...

:D

They're all into the same music, aren't they. :D It must be like in the movie 'Conspiracy Theory', where the operatives are compelled to purchase a copy of Catcher in the rye. All audiophools are compelled to buy a copy of Dark side of the moon and Brothers in arms. It must be so they're all singing from the same hymn sheet when they start spraying projectile verbal diarrhoea at each other. Maybe those albums have an RFID chip in them that sets off an alarm when the album leaves the shop, and it's like the bat signal but a twat signal, that can only be seen by manufacturers of £50 grand cables and other such snake oil wankers wearing twat signal glasses. And once they see the signal, they all get to work on their snake oil sales pitch, in the hope that they've found another gullible twat to palm their life-changing trinkets off onto.

49233246156_a0e00cfe24_b.jpg
Shame.

One day I'll dress up, have a shave and haircut and go into one of these super high end audio shops, give it all "I want to set up a high fidelity room" and see if they'll let me test their system with a copy of this..

Then complain that I can't hear the mid range on the donks clearly enough

This...

And this...

:D

They're all into the same music, aren't they. :D It must be like in the movie 'Conspiracy Theory', where the operatives are compelled to purchase a copy of Catcher in the rye. All audiophools are compelled to buy a copy of Dark side of the moon and Brothers in arms. It must be so they're all singing from the same hymn sheet when they start spraying projectile verbal diarrhoea at each other. Maybe those albums have an RFID chip in them that sets off an alarm when the album leaves the shop, and it's like the bat signal but a twat signal, that can only be seen by manufacturers of £50 grand cables and other such snake oil wankers wearing twat signal glasses. And once they see the signal, they all get to work on their snake oil sales pitch, in the hope that they've found another gullible twat to palm their life-changing trinkets off onto.

49233246156_a0e00cfe24_b.jpg
Speaking as someone who likes both of those albums, but is content to wire his speakers with bits of 3-core flex he's got lying around, and play them from 160kbit MP3 files, I am not convinced that your thesis holds universally... :hmm::D

Have your say.

I thought better of that publication, possibly mistakenly.
A few of them are valid enough (listening in the dark, and listening at night, but that is nothing to do with the equipment), and as for this "running in" business" - perhaps with a turntable (perhaps not, also), but I can't imagine it ever being detectable to most people's ears.

And not a thing to say they have blind-tested any of these wheezes.

I posted a comment on that video, calling out the bullshit he was spouting, and 'You Won't Believe What Happens Next!'
This was the fucking idiot's reply :eek:

haha wow on a personal crusade good for you except- did you watch the video and hear the sound quality of the system in it nothing Bullshit about that is there.

What The Actual Fuck...!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
The absolute best it can possibly sound is as good as my sound system can make it sound. How well it sounds in his room has less than fuck all to do with how well it will sound when I play it on my Kindle Fire (or whatever I choose to play it on).
I can't believe the dopey cunt just said that. It's as facepalmy as that Pot Black TV snooker thing from forever and a day ago, where one of the commentators said "and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink ball is the one next to the green" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Ask him if his household wiring was run in before his kettle could boil properly!

IT’S JUST FUCKING COPPER AND ELECTRONS.

I posted a comment on that video, calling out the bullshit he was spouting, and 'You Won't Believe What Happens Next!'
This was the fucking idiot's reply :eek:

What The Actual Fuck...!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
The absolute best it can possibly sound is as good as my sound system can make it sound. How well it sounds in his room has less than fuck all to do with how well it will sound when I play it on my Kindle Fire (or whatever I choose to play it on).
I can't believe the dopey cunt just said that. It's as facepalmy as that Pot Black TV snooker thing from forever and a day ago, where one of the commentators said "and for those of you who are watching in black and white, the pink ball is the one next to the green" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yeah, I agree - the problem with his response to you is that I’m guessing someone recording something purporting to be evidencing amazing sq cannot be heard through a YouTube video.

Tbh, he seems a likeable chap and he’s clearly passionate about his audiophile hobby - clearly into all kinds of esoteric wizardry - but he’s not doing any harm and despite me thinking it’s a load of bollocks I found his video mildly entertaining due to his enthusiasm. :D

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree - the problem with his response to you is that I’m guessing someone recording something purporting to be evidencing amazing sq cannot be heard through a YouTube video.

Tbh, he seems a likeable chap and he’s clearly passionate about his audiophile hobby - clearly into all kinds of esoteric wizardry - but he’s not doing any harm and despite me thinking it’s a load of bollocks I found his video mildly entertaining due to his enthusiasm. :D
Of course he's doing harm. He's lying to his viewers because his sponsors give him free shit if he does, and his viewers, being audiophiles, are almost guaranteed to be stupid, gullible fuckwits, so they believe his nonsense, then go out and spend a grand or fifty on some ridiculous woo-woo that he's plugging and lying his tits off about.
Would you consider him harmless if he was that enthusiastic about a pyramid scheme he was plugging to pensioners?
He's a cunt, who makes Hitler seem like Mother Theresa.

Of course he's doing harm. He's lying to his viewers because his sponsors give him free shit if he does, and his viewers, being audiophiles, are almost guaranteed to be stupid, gullible fuckwits, so they believe his nonsense, then go out and spend a grand or fifty on some ridiculous woo-woo that he's plugging and lying his tits off about.
Would you consider him harmless if he was that enthusiastic about a pyramid scheme he was plugging to pensioners?
He's a cunt, who makes Hitler seem like Mother Theresa.

I get the impression he believes in his cause of superfluous sq through shiny expensive gubbins tho and, if his main audience is audiophiles then he’s kind of preaching to the choir.

I get the impression he believes in his cause of superfluous sq through shiny expensive gubbins tho and, if his main audience is audiophiles then he’s kind of preaching to the choir.
I got the impression he's an absolute bullshitter, preying on the gullible in order to secure more goodies from his sponsors.

I think quite a lot of Nazis believed in the cause of Aryan supremacy - but the fervency of their conviction doesn't make it right.

I think I may have just found the Holy Grail of audiophile bullshit.

Synergistic Research Orange Fuses

synergistic-research-orange-fuses_4.png

Excl. TAX: €131.40
Incl. TAX: €159.00

But they do have an 'extremely good price/performance ratio'.

The blurb is priceless 🤣
Orange is the new Blue!

By now it is fully clear to A/V enthusiasts that better fuses than the stock ones are simply a must to extract the best performance from all A/V equipment. If you are searching for the best fuse available worldwide, this one is yours!

There is no other tweak or upgrade in this price range that has such an enormous impact as simply replacing your stock fuse with an Orange Fuse. It may seem a lot of money, 159 Euros for a single fuse, but its value expressed in other upgrades easily surpasses the 1000 Euro mark. That is why the price/performance ratio of the new Orange Fuse is simply unbeatable.

It may sound boring that every new fuse is the greatest leap in performance of all new generations of SR fuses, but there's no arguing: it is true... several experienced beta-testers confirmed the leap in performance from Blue to Orange is far more significant than the - already great - upgrade from Black to Blue. This tells a lot about the effect the new Orange Fuse will have in your system.

While the Blue certainly is a very good fuse, compared to the Orange, the latter really excels in tonal accuracy as well as providing the finest details without the listening fatigue that's so often associated with "bright" sounding fuses. Of course, this comes on top of improved staging and depth of field as well as a new definition of life-like realism combined with an unsurpassed musicality with the correct timbre.

In case there are several fuses in a single piece of equipment, our hint is: start with the primary (main) fuse. This one will carry all current drawn and is the most important one.

Are Orange Fuses directional?
Yes, all fuses are directional. Electricity should flow from the left to the right when you view the fuse (from the "S" to the "R"). If you do not know the direction of flow you should listen to the fuse inserted in both directions. One direction will sound more detailed with a more natural timbre. This is the correct way.

What to expect during the burn-in process?
Brand new Orange Fuses tend to outperform fully broken in Blue Fuses. With Orange Fuses you can expect a mild burn-in during the first 200-300 hours. During this time you should experience a balancing of the soundstage with improved frequency linearity especially in the mid-range and high frequencies. While break-in time of especially the Black Fuse could be significant, the new Orange Fuse will beat a fully broken in Blue Fuse already, right out of the box. After just 24 hours it really starts to open up, and from that moment... things will only get better and better and better!

Last edited:
Argh, how many times - copper is copper is copper.

Cables. Make. No. Difference.

I see you've been brainwashed too. If it just has ordinary banana plugs on the end and a see-through shielding then yes, it's not worth paying very much. BUT! If it has a diamond connector on the end of a cable you could drive a coach and horses through, then, clearly, it's worth £50,000. At least.

:rolleyes: some people.

Back
Top Bottom