Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do we support Insulate Britain?

Do we support Insulate Britain in here or not?

• Yes

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • No

Votes: 56 47.9%
  • Dont know

Votes: 21 17.9%

• Total voters
Come on you can do better than that, present an argument not insults
I can indeed do better than that. But I see no reason to indulge you. Wtf has trump or 'bexos' or the Illuminati to do with this? Yeh the government of the day will decide - which is a great pity because they'll condemn those of us unlucky enough not to die in the next few years to a hellish existence, a life which may well be nasty, brutish and short.

Can you remember the U75 outcry about the oh-so-inequitable contempt of court laws that he fell foul of?

Remember being miffed they didn't do the cunt for inciting racial hatred and giving him the maximum 7 years. Like the abusing ex strawmen lurking upthread, his actions related to committing unlawful violence upon the public, not delaying their journey by half an hour.

Such as what? How would you prevent this guy from going and blocking the road again?

Confining him would seem to be a workable solution, one that the judge seems to agree would work. I suppose they could have given the gentleman an electronic tag, but considering his statements to the court, it wouldn't actually stop him, it would merely rat him out for straying too far from the house. Not sure what other options the judge may have had.

He directly and openly challenged the authority of the court. Fair play to him, and I hope he was fully aware of the potential consequences when he did so. But this idea that being punished for judicial defiance, especially when that defiance clearly includes the message that one will continue breaking the law, is somehow this unique and special outrage, when it is in fact the very function of the court - any court of law, come to think of it - to ensure that the law continues being upheld in one way or the other.

It's the Daily Star ffs.
I know

Theres already violent hostility against climate change activists, not just at flashpoints but pub chat is full of it
this whole thing isnt all about to fade away, its only going to escalate as time goes on. Feels like someone will get hurt before long
Front pages like this just increase the chance of that

I know

Theres already violent hostility against climate change activists, not just at flashpoints but pub chat is full of it
this whole thing isnt all about to fade away, its only going to escalate as time goes on. Feels like someone will get hurt before long
Front pages like this just increase the chance of that
Climate change activists have set themselves in direct conflict with the public. Why have they done this?

"direct conflict with the public" -- what are they doing, attacking them, bombing them? get a grip

Except that conflict is exactly what they have chosen in many instances. They have stopped people going where they wanted to go and where they needed to go, and not even by damaging infrastructure, but by sitting in the road directly in front of them, with no attempts at meaningful dialogue. All of this in the hope of influencing politicians - not building a movement, but influencing them regardless of the views of anyone else. They have shown contempt for the general public and as a result they are marginally less popular than scabies.

It's quite an achievement considering that the idea of improving home insulations is actually fairly popular.

"direct conflict with the public" -- what are they doing, attacking them, bombing them? get a grip
Conflict isn’t restricted to direct contact. These activists are setting themselves directly in conflict with ordinary Londoners. Unsurprisingly, they’re pissed off. That’s their intention isn’t it. What do I need to get a grip on?

Conflict isn’t restricted to direct contact. These activists are setting themselves directly in conflict with ordinary Londoners. Unsurprisingly, they’re pissed off. That’s their intention isn’t it. What do I need to get a grip on?
I'm an ordinary Londoner, and I don't feel they're setting themselves directly (or even indirectly) in conflict with me, in the least.

But I suppose unlike some posters on this thread, I don't unthinkingly swallow the position of the Daily Star on every current issue.

Basically they're imposing a police kettle on them. On the roads they're gluing themselves to, there's no escape if you can't drive forwards.
I don't think you know what a police kettle is. It's not a line of police in front of you, being kettled entails being surrounded by police

Back
Top Bottom