Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disney + streaming video recommendations thread

Ironically, I've got into a habit of not checking as it can sometimes sort of give away if there's going to be something dramatic or how final something is or summat :oops: :D

Evan Peters was a nice touch because, whilst Pietro died in Civil War, as played by Aaron Taylor-Peters, Evan P played him in the 20th Century Fox franchise that did X-Men, which Marvel has just got the rights back to. Hence we are stating to see the merger of the two alternate universes. Which you may not dig, but its what Marvel do.

Except that's not it. That would have been quite interesting. They have said he was just a random guy (from the same universe) that Agatha was controlling with a necklace to see what Wanda was up to when she wasn't around to see it herself.

Minor thing, but it did irritate me they established a precedent of not having post-credit sequences, and then introduced them for the last three episodes. I missed the 'cameo' in the penultimate episode because I wasn't expecting there to be one.
I believe the popular opinion is it's setting up her appearance in the next Dr. Strange film, Multiverse of Madness
Who was the cameo in the penultimate end credit scene? I didn't see one.

No, that was the last episode, I meant
'new' Vision.

Paul Bettany teased a big cameo, and then later admitted he was talking about himself playing the second role

Except that's not it. That would have been quite interesting. They have said he was just a random guy (from the same universe) that Agatha was controlling with a necklace to see what Wanda was up to when she wasn't around to see it herself.
but he was the wrong one. Sorry, I aint having that as anything other than a deliberate cross-universe tie-together

but he was the wrong one. Sorry, I aint having that as anything other than a deliberate cross-universe tie-together
Except it was Ralph Bohner (haha, boner), not Quicksilver from an alternate universe. It was obviously the writers fucking with us, but nothing more than that.

So why have the guy who played said character in another universe?
For the fans/head fake.

Looking at it from the other direction, given he's now been identified as 'regular bloke' Ralph Bohner, how does he continue as Quicksilver? Wanda gives him speedy powers again?

And even if they do that, that's still not a multiverse crossover.

For the fans/head fake.

Looking at it from the other direction, given he's now been identified as 'regular bloke' Ralph Bohner, how does he continue as Quicksilver? Wanda gives him speedy powers again?

Would only work in terms of another Westview situation, plus it was Agatha that gave him speed powers in that locked universe. Wanda couldn't give two shits about him.

For the fans/head fake.

but why did she choose to present a version of him from an alternate universe? She must be aware of it to have turned him into that form.

but why did she choose to present a version of him from an alternate universe? She must be aware of it to have turned him into that form.
'She' (I'm not sure if you're talking about Agatha or Wanda) didn't. The writers did.
Wanda couldn't give two shits about him.
Pretty much.

I mean, they might do a "I want my brother back, you'll do" sort of thing. Or, maybe they do say "oh, multiverse connections, in this universe he's Ralph but in the other universe he's Pietro, but that'd be a little weak, in my book.

I mean, they might do a "I want my brother back, you'll do" sort of thing. Or, maybe they do say "oh, multiverse connections, in this universe he's Ralph but in the other universe he's Pietro, but that'd be a little weak, in my book.

They had their chance for an interesting multi verse mix up but that ship has sailed. If they try and shoe horn that in now it is indeed going to be a very weak move.

Interesting bit on Marvel & Disney's ties with the US military (the DoD was explicitly thanked for their help in the WandaVision end credits, and neither Jimmy Woo nor the FBI were originally meant to be in it).

tldr version - its all recruitment propaganda

We just watched the first episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It was as beige and dull as you'd expect it to be, which is a shame after the surprise of how good Wandavision was. It's only six episodes, so we'll probably watch to the end, but I suspect it'll be more of the same.

We just watched the first episode of The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. It was as beige and dull as you'd expect it to be, which is a shame after the surprise of how good Wandavision was. It's only six episodes, so we'll probably watch to the end, but I suspect it'll be more of the same.
Mmm... I had feared as much, which is probably why I didn't rush to check it out yesterday when it came out.

I was pleasantly surprised. . . but that's because I expected absolutely nothing and got one mildly interesting element. The not taking on of the Captain America mantle, it going to someone else, and what might possibly come of that.

Apart from that, same old same old from Marvel's two most boring characters. I think my free subscription runs out just before the last episode so in some ways I hope it continues to be shite.

Apart from that, same old same old from Marvel's two most boring characters.
They seem to really try and push that Bucky is an interesting broody hero, but it never quite hits the mark. In fact it never hits the mark at all.
I have to say he was better in this than I have ever seen him in anything else. . . but just has he was becoming relatable he pissed off and blew it in some 'my name is Earl' shit.

Just watched Ep.2 of Falcon and the Winter Soldier, it was still mostly dull but watchable and quite funny in places.

Where has my watchlist gone? Anyone else have this problem?

Watched Tom Hanks Batchelor Party this morning . . . .oh my god! Shocking is not the word. To say it was 'of it's time' would have to be an understatement. It's also utter shite of course, but because of what it is and it's 'of it's time' it's actually kind of mystery science theatre level entertaining.

Has anyone watched Next?
It has a AI based plot. I'm 50/50 about it at the moment but for me it's watchable.

Has anyone watched Next?
It has a AI based plot. I'm 50/50 about it at the moment but for me it's watchable.
I watched about 10 minutes and gave up. Wasn't even good enough as washing up fodder (I wash up every morning to some D+ or Netflix) . . . which isn't a good sign.

I watched about 10 minutes and gave up. Wasn't even good enough as washing up fodder (I wash up every morning to some D+ or Netflix) . . . which isn't a good sign.
I'm edging that way but have made to the 3rd episode and questioning if I should continue or not.

Where has my watchlist gone? Anyone else have this problem?

Watched Tom Hanks Batchelor Party this morning . . . .oh my god! Shocking is not the word. To say it was 'of it's time' would have to be an understatement. It's also utter shite of course, but because of what it is and it's 'of it's time' it's actually kind of mystery science theatre level entertaining.
Yeah it’s fair to say a fair number of 70s & 80s comedy films haven’t aged well at all, and rightly so.

The first time watched Porky’s as a 13 y.o. in the 80s I thought it was the funniest thing ever. Nowadays I am mortified just to think of some of the scenes or gags it had. FWIW most TV or streaming channels tend to steer clear of such films. I can’t remember Porky’s ever being shown on TV in this country since I arrived.

Back
Top Bottom