Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disney + streaming video recommendations thread

Heads up to Marvel fans that their latest series, ‘She Hulk, Attorney-at-law’, has just started. About to watch the first episode, will report later.

First episode entertaining enough. Clearly leaning towards comedy rather than a dramatic end-of-the-world premise. Then again the title of the series surely suggests as much.

Reactions: Ax^
hmm it has promise and is better than i thought it would be

the ohh look a spaceship "we get back to that later" was funny at least

Watched the first episode of Welcome to Wrexham, the documentary series about Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney purchasing said football club. Pretty watchable, will stick with it. I like football anyway, but I reckon those who don’t might still find this interesting.

Fans of the American Horror Story/ Stories franchise might be interested to know the first episode of season 2 of ‘Stories’ has just dropped. It is decent and with good production values. In any case, as an anthology series it’s always worth to check out every episode.

New action comedy murder mystery series Wedding Season is very watchable. All episodes available as well, perfect for a day like today.

Last edited:
Finished Wedding Season. I’m surprised at the very Marmite reception by the critics. No one is saying it’s amazing, but never any less than 6.5/ 10, let alone the far worse ratings some (but not all) reviewers are giving it.

Not amazing but certainly not worse or less watchable than the last two seasons of Killing Eve. The main male lead is very annoying and hard to warm up to, which I suspect might be part of the problem. But Rosa Salazar is bloody brilliant, and the plot and pace of the episodes make it an easy escapist thing to watch.

As
new marvel stuff as well if thats your thing
I’d already watched it at the cinema, but Thor: Love and Thunder is one of them. Unless you actually can’t stand the genre, I would recommend it to even those who can take it or leave it, simply because it takes the piss of itself and indeed the genre itself, and at times it’s borderline Carry On camp slapstick comedy in its silliness, but managing to stay funny rather than cringeworthy.

Fans of Andor might also want to watch a new featurette that includes about five minutes’ continuous footage of (presumably) the first episode :)

Last edited:
Cheap subscription offer at the moment

Watched Moon Knight. Very confusing
Watched Ms Marvel. Enjoyable. I like the comic anyway

Watched half of Eternals. Utter bollox.
Watching Shang Chi. Not much better.

One month for £1.99 offer, expiring on the 19th of this month

I've got it as a trial on the understanding that it's either Disney+ OR Netflix but not both, so cancelling one for a month and swopping between them as the fancy takes me

There’s something strangely beautiful about your last sentence there, ATOMIC SUPLEX :D

Any plans to check out Pam & Tommy? I’m not going to suggest you might like it because all bets are off with you if I may be so bold, but it is surprisingly good- and I am saying that as one who literally couldn’t give any less of a fuck about celebrities like them, so not something I was in any any way partial to before I started watching.

About two-thirds of the way through Pam and Tommy and it's good. It's a nice glimpse back to the days of VHS tapes and 56k dial-up modems. Also the bits about his music career being all washed up are funny, like the time they find out their label gave Third Eye Blind their studio!
Still waiting for the meltdown but so far they seem to be treating Pam with some sympathy.

Fucking hell Big Sky is a right load of old tosh. I grimly hung on for quite a few episodes until the plot because so absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable (in a bad way) I abandoned ship.

Fucking hell Big Sky is a right load of old tosh. I grimly hung on for quite a few episodes until the plot because so absolutely ridiculous and unbelievable (in a bad way) I abandoned ship.
Damn. I usually love watching stuff set in Montana.

I've got it as a trial on the understanding that it's either Disney+ OR Netflix but not both, so cancelling one for a month and swopping between them as the fancy takes me
If you like Star Wars it’s a no brainier. First three episodes of Andor will drop next Wednesday. First impressions from journos are very encouraging :)

Fantastic, that's my Monday viewing sorted, not minding being stuck at home with nothing open now.
Rolls sleeves up for Star Wars and related spin-off marathon

Last edited:
Fantastic, that's my Monday viewing sorted, not minding being stuck at home with nothing open now.
Rolls sleeves up for Star Wars and related spin-off marathon
When I mentioned SW to Mrs Voltz I could HEAR the eyes rolling

I'm going to cane the Marvel universe whilst I've got access to it

I watched the multiverse of madness.

Shit.

Annoying, because there were sparks of Sam Rami in it that were really good fun, but ultimately it smacked of studio interference and a plot that didn't stand up to any scrutiny from the off. . . . . this continued aaaaalllll the way through the film, with short bits of dialogue desperately trying to patch some of the holes up as they went.

Dreadful.

I watched the multiverse of madness.

Shit.

Annoying, because there were sparks of Sam Rami in it that were really good fun, but ultimately it smacked of studio interference and a plot that didn't stand up to any scrutiny from the off. . . . . this continued aaaaalllll the way through the film, with short bits of dialogue desperately trying to patch some of the holes up as they went.

Dreadful.
I quite enjoyed it even though all these films are paced dreadfully. It's incomprehensible nonsense of course and the fact you have to watch all the other movies and tv shows is a huge chore. I couldn't give a fuck about Scarlet Witch

Hocus Pocus 2 has just dropped, and I am intrigued to see initial reviews are fairly positive. It’s a kiddies film so obviously don’t expect anything much better than the original. But if you like that kind of stuff or have kids who do, it seems a safe weekend film choice.

About to watch it because I’m that sad, will report later.

Back
Top Bottom