Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disney + streaming video recommendations thread

Yes. It’s a sentence fragment because it’s a line of dialogue and it implies inclusion of what another character has just said. But lots of titles are sentence fragments. Most, in fact.
i know, but this one rankled, and it’s a tv series rather than a film so requires more commitment

hawkeye is my least favourite avenger, but im willing to give the series a chance like Ive done with the rest. And have been pleasantly surprised.

Yep, they have a lot of very talented people at Marvel and I'll definitely give it a chance.

Though if I was writing it, I'd have Hawkeye killed off in some situation where arrows are useless, with the bad guy taunting "Archery is a hobby, not a superpower, Barton!"

Looks like they correctly concluded that Hawkeye is so dull that a miniseries would only work if he was paired with a new, more interesting character.
Is there not a better starting point for a mini series? Squirel girl? Gwen Pool? Hopefully this series is just to give him a send off / pass the torch. Can it be worse than the winter soldier TV show?

Yep, they have a lot of very talented people at Marvel and I'll definitely give it a chance.

Though if I was writing it, I'd have Hawkeye killed off in some situation where arrows are useless, with the bad guy taunting "Archery is a hobby, not a superpower, Barton!"

sure that might of been superman remark to green arrow before crushing his left arm...

i saw that at the cinema and enjoyed it way more than I thought I would. lots of funny visual jokes in the background that are only funny if you've played videogames, esp online ones
Yeah some funny bits, I'm mean who doesn't like jump running and teabagging 😂

Free Guy is now available if you're looking for some easy nerdy fodder to watch.
I accidentally watched a ten minute summery of the whole film this morning. The plot seems far far more decent and far less generic than I had expected from watching the trailer. . . but ultimately not for me (especially now I have ruined the whole thing for myself)

To fans of the Lego Star Wars cartoons I will thoroughly recommend their brand new Terrifying Tales. Bloody brilliant, and fantastic animation even though you wouldn’t expect it of that type of show.

Also one or two genuine laugh out moments. Look out for the Vader and Luke one :D

Finished Only Murders in the Building. The series dips a bit in the middle, but picks up nicely again in the final three episodes.

Overall a solid 7.5/ 10 for me. Entertaining, easy to watch short episodes, and amusing throughout.

Everyone I talk to about Only Murders in the Building says "much better than I expected", which is exactly what I thought.

Called it.

By totally misinterpreting the initial clues and thinking a whole different thing was going on, but still called it, and that's what my podcast will say.

I put it in a spoiler because another poster deamed it a nice surprise. . . . But now you have tottaly ruined it for everyone. . . Who didn't watch the several trailers or read all the press.
I didn't know about it, which is precisely why I don't watch trailers or read press.

And, sadly, why I often stay away from these threads :(

;)

Only Murders in the Building. A brand new dark comedy crime miniseries created and starring Steve Martin, with Martin Short and Selima Gomez as the other main leads.

Very good and entertaining so far :)

I'm enjoying this too - very nicely played comedy drama. Also I like things with half hour episodes as they're so much easier for me to find time to watch!

Back
Top Bottom