Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disastrous family seasonal attractions and the never to be forgotten Lapland New Forest Theme Park

Not surprised the old bill turned up. Money aside there was a lot of potential for kicking off.

If they'd stayed out of it, things could have got well out of hand. Santa and several elves lynched and hanging from the slightly snow-covered trees.

"There we are kids, THAT's what Christmas SHOULD be about!".

I can't help thinking that I'd rather save up three or so years of the money spent on ANY "Lapland UK" Christmas visitor experience, and then actually go to Lapland.

Giles..

I just ♥ this rant from mumsnet

Maggie Tue 02-Dec-08 17:37 said:
Don't you people understand?!! I cannot believe so many of you are moaning saying "how can this rip off be allowed" - this is BRITAIN! I can't believe you are all so THICK and so TRUSTING of a country which cannot/will not look after it's people but rather bends over to let Europe have it's wicked way with it!!! All thanks to Labout - face it, you have been conned and you cannot run to anyone for help coz NOBODY cares except us taxpaying hardworking people. Our leaders have no backbone for fear of the PC brigade... and we are left with lapland cons and the like whereby we have no leg to stand on. We have no laws to protect people in situations like this - we are a disgrace due to Labour's horrid rule since '97 and the laughing stock - do NOT look to the "authorities" (excuse me for laughing) to protect us hardworking people, the kids hearts WILL break, Christmas as ever will become a playground for greedy conmen selling us piles of rubbish - it's the same every year - factories in China (sweatshops) plugging out tons of useless plastic rubbish we wrap up for Xmas day... this Lapland rubbish is the same! Why bother going? Xmas is about Jesus anyway (oh no!! Did I actually say the "J" word... quick, censor me!!!) but we don't want to know about that, especially in modern UK in case we offend terrorists etc.. so we stick to the Father Xmas nonsense, lapland, huskeys, God knows what else... then you get conned and you cant understand "how" it's allowed to happen? Do you have faith in your local council? Govt? Mr Brown? That awful party called Labour? The UK has no laws to stop this thing happening... sorry.. live with your mistakes, next time you wont be so quick to rush off and pay for the kids to learn "magical tosh" - maybe take them to church once in a while or something (oops I said it again). If you are bringing kids into this world, you need to smarten up, for their sakes. Either that or go round to the guy's house who started it and beat him up with a pitchfork/set fire to his dog or something.

NUTTER (sounds like an urbanite) :D :D :D

You seen the cost of a Lapland trip?
Three missed trips to UK theme parks ain't gonna cut it, even outside the Christmas season!

Well, whatever it costs, maybe go on a cheap ski holiday to Bulgaria, at least it will be snowy.

My general opinion of anywhere that claims to be an "authentic xxx experience" when it blatantly isn't, is not very high.

People seem to expect some Christmas-related transcendental experience from a day out that at best, is going to involve fake snow sprayed on things, some animals, local students and sixth-formers dressed up in silly elf outfits, flashing lights, maybe an ice rink, and some overpriced tat-shopping opportunities.

Giles..

Mad Mum said:
will not look after it's people but rather bends over to let Europe have it's wicked way with it!!! ... and we are left with lapland cons and the like whereby we have no leg to stand on. We have no laws to protect people in situations like this

But we have, er, European laws :confused:

'spose they're evil and mustn't be used :D

You have to admire the Mears shamelessness in a perverse sort of way,the sheer unadulterated brazen gall of them :D

13 months in prison is a bit harsh.

Its not as if they've hurt anyone. Ok some people have lost money on a non-existent 'Winter wonderland/fairy grotto' but then santa and the elves dont exist!!!!

There is no winter wonderland?

13 months in prison is a bit harsh.

Its not as if they've hurt anyone. Ok some people have lost money on a non-existent 'Winter wonderland/fairy grotto' but then santa and the elves dont exist!!!!

There is no winter wonderland?

Yeah, let's just let anyone with a record of fraud just carry on committing fraud without fear of punishment, great plan.:facepalm:

If the Olympics turn out to be overpriced shit, will the organisers be locked up?

Oh,you have a point there! :D

If the Olympics turn out to be overpriced shit, will the organisers be locked up?

We can only hope so! :)

But if you go over to MSE and look at the beginning of long running thread on this, you will see posts from the Mears or their stooges defending the thing and portraying as a great deal more than it actually was and continuing to argue this in the face of all evidence and opposition - Fairly clear evidence of a very deliberate professional fraud?

Is there a comparable case to this one?
Don't know much about sentencing but I did expect them to get some time.

It has been an interesting and amusing few years and I look forward to seeing the film come out :D

Good list can I add the guy that plays Phil Mitchell in Eastenders to play the dad that thumps Santa?

Now we only need someone with a smug and highly punch-able face to play Santa, I know - Michael McIntyre.

Good list can I add the guy that plays Phil Mitchell in Eastenders to play the dad that thumps Santa?

Now we only need someone with a smug and highly punch-able face to play Santa, I know - Michael McIntyre.

Fancy putting a script together?
Although with that cast the whole thing could probably be ad-libbed easily enough!

John Galliano to be costume designer
Mel Gibson as executive producer

It just made me giggle when the stories started appearing on MSE and other web forums about how rubbish it all was.

I don't really think it was a deliberate fraud, otherwise they could have saved themselves any money in setting the place up at all, and just taken people's money in advance and then done a runner the day before it opened.

They probably started with a vague idea of producing something worth the money, and then a combination of laziness, stupidity and greed meant that as the opening day got close, they were in no position to provide what they had promised, so they ended up with a shoddy mess.

Giles..

Plus, they got punished for running a really, er, exotic defence. The "King of the Gypies" ripped them off? And there was someone wanted in connection with Kenneth Noye / the Brinks Mat robbery in there somewhere...

Worse still, it appears they were actually released last month - So, that is a whole three months inside!

And his sentence for contempt - 28 days suspended for twelve months and 750 quid costs. Yebloodygods! :mad:

(Wonders if one or other of them might have been "being helpful" about some of their reputed associates whilst inside?)

Just wanted to laugh at this again.

9.jpg

Worse still, it appears they were actually released last month - So, that is a whole three months inside!

And his sentence for contempt - 28 days suspended for twelve months and 750 quid costs. Yebloodygods! :mad:

(Wonders if one or other of them might have been "being helpful" about some of their reputed associates whilst inside?)

That is surprising ^

Back
Top Bottom