Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Diego Maradona Dead at 60

Blimey. Obviously hasn't been well for a long time but still a bit of a shock. What a fucking player. Arguable what spot he occupies in the all time pantheon but certainly top five, possibly top three, possibly higher.

He was certainly the best player i ever saw - i can't talk for pele etc as never saw live. I think he is better than messi as he wasn't always surrounded by world class players, he had to drag so many teams into greatness - which he did time after time. Whilst being a dick.

Yeah and also played at a time when he was offered very little protection from the ref unlike today. Basically he knew he was going to be kicked around the park all afternoon every time he stepped onto the pitch.

Yeah and also played at a time when he was offered very little protection from the ref unlike today. Basically he knew he was going to be kicked around the park all afternoon every time he stepped onto the pitch.
Absolutely true - back of his legs and shins were ruined by that. That said, he didn't turn that into dives or whatever. He was tough as fuck.

It's a shame he was a drugs cheat, and a general cheat on the field. Not to mention his tax dodging, threatening people with guns and throwing his toys out of the pram when he didn't get voted the all time number one player by FIFA.
Whereas he was still breaking the rules of course, I’d be very surprised if he was taking cocaine to help his game. If you want to drug cheat in sports you tend to take the stuff that gives you amazing extra stamina. In fact I would imagine cocaine is about the last thing you’d want to take if you’re just looking to increase your physical prowess over a 90-minute football match. I reckon the sad fact is that he had the mother of all addictions there.

Having said that I’m sure he benefited to some degree from being high as a kite during games. He looked absolutely shitfacaced when looked at the camera after scoring during a World Cup match

I've read a few reports which said that he was always being pumped full of drugs (cortisone injections etc) just to get him on the pitch because of all the injuries he carried but he was the star player and he had to play.

Its not that surprising he developed a huge drug addiction. Guy was probably in constant pain.

Whereas he was still breaking the rules of course, I’d be very surprised if he was taking cocaine to help his game. If you want to drug cheat in sports you tend to take the stuff that gives you amazing extra stamina. In fact I would imagine cocaine is about the last thing you’d want to take if you’re just looking to increase your physical prowess over a 90-minute football match. I reckon the sad fact is that he had the mother of all addictions there.

Having said that I’m sure he benefited to some degree from being high as a kite during games. He looked absolutely shitfacaced when looked at the camera after scoring during a World Cup match
He's used ephedrine to do that.

Back
Top Bottom