Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Diane Abbott suspended as Labour MP.

It's "best" not miss Momentum, FFS if you're going to do a cringe callback to a famous black guy comment from the Wire at least get it right.

Shame the Tories have spent the last few years capturing public telly leaderships and eviscerating political satire really, this stuff from Labour would have been (and will be) gold.

They can't even find a photo of her. :rolleyes:

85494439-13476203-Defiant_Dianne_Abbot_tells_her_supporters_that_she_will_do_whate-a-29_1717073095022.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

They could try the one from earlier this week that so repulses and enrages Sir Keir Starmer KCB KC and his boss, Morgan McSweeney, and people like them.​

This is the first person who they failed to eject. Hundreds of others have been turfed out, and there'll be others yet. If anything "we're" so bad at standing up to him.
That's a fair comment. But the Tories have been self-destructing over the last two years since Johnson's web of lies started closing around him. Labour will win this election because of that, not because of anything Starmer has done. If anything, Starmer's doing his best to lose while holding an unloseable hand.

And we'll see how this plays out over the medium term once he gets into power.

And we'll see how this plays out over the medium term once he gets into power.
A week is a long time in politics - frankly the labour right have won the war decisively, what the future brings is a whole other thing. I expect he'll do okay in power, gods knows he doesn't have any morals getting in the way

Er, no he didn’t. He put several right-wingers in his shadow cabinet, taking a conciliatory ‘broad church’ approach. That this was thrown in his face shows a lack of good faith by certain party members. At one time I had a modicum of respect for Starmer staying loyal and not playing those stupid games, not sure he deserves credit anymore.
He did, it was proven and reported on.

A week is a long time in politics - frankly the labour right have won the war decisively, what the future brings is a whole other thing. I expect he'll do okay in power, gods knows he doesn't have any morals getting in the way

He's a liability for the Labour Right. Zero charisma, a rabbit in the headlights when challenged. I think there's an outside chance that he won't lead Labour at the General Election after this one.

Too late now...but that's what they should have done -seat in the Lords...the vetting committee is about blocking cash for honours type stuff not blocking someone whose had decades in the Commons being able to continue to offer the benefit of their experience. [Not a fan of D.A. but this is a shitshow]

Back
Top Bottom