Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Diane Abbott suspended as Labour MP.

I noticed that Raynor had either come out as a more pragmatic spokesperson on the Diane Abbot issue or Starmer's handlers had decided that it was best that had less to say on the matter and that some more soothing background music was needed to soften the tone.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: CH1
I knew her for years before she became an MP . I can assure you she can become anything that is required in order to get to where she wants. More faces than Fu Manchu.
Fu Manchu famously only had one face. Otherwise they would have called the film The Faces of Fu Manchu.

Apparently Labour have just announced that she's 'free to go forward as a Labour candidate.'

Now is it just me or does that mean she may still end up not being the candidate if the NEC reject her? It still seems v unclear to me anyway. And given how utterly shit they are at this stuff... 🤷‍♀️

For someone who presumably wants this story to go away, Starmer is opting for peak-ambiguity every time her name resurfaces. He's reaching Corbyn levels of incompetence now.
hes had the easiest ride of any lab leader in my lifetime and he's fucked this because he doesn't control his immediate colleagues and now they can smell victory they're acting up to the usual design of the lab right in the modern era- I.E factional, racist, operating through compliant journos and snide briefings. Half the countries most poisonous press are tongue bathing sir kiers electable stones every day, polishing them to a mirror finish, and he's still fucked this up. Compare and contrast.

Wouldn't surprise me if they do let her stand now, particularly after Rayner's comment above. An omnishamnles entirely of sir kieth"s making.

Edit, having now read her comments, she really looks to be pushing the dignified exit line. You can stand if you want to, but...... don't.
I think keith must have that right, does have that right

Apparently Labour have just announced that she's 'free to go forward as a Labour candidate.'

Now is it just me or does that mean she may still end up not being the candidate if the NEC reject her? It still seems v unclear to me anyway. And given how utterly shit they are at this stuff... 🤷‍♀️
Yes, the term 'carefully worded' springs to mind.

If the date for formalising and annoucing candidates is next week, then he can't concretely make that pledge now.

And we all know the value of a starmer promise. About as worthy as Ratner's jewels

Back
Top Bottom