Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFCTV Goal Of The Season - VOTE HERE

Bless. Will and Sanchez's mum in a coalition...

Probably the winner of the goal of the season excluding Kargbo, Carew and Sekajja competition...

I wanted to vote for a goal I actually witnessed in person! Was away for Ash v Macclesfield AND Ash v Worthing :facepalm: & missed Kargbo in the final. The Braintree win was my favourite game and, despite the build-up slowing down a bit in a middle, the Ming goal was a banger so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sekaja's chip, pure instinct. Most players would have taken at least one or two more touches before blazing it either in the net or over the bar. You simply can't coach that kind of ability, you're born with a footballing brain or you're not - simple. Given the fact it all but buried a shell shocked Enfield and paved the way for a chance at glory in the playoff final it has to be, for me, goal of the season.

I wanted to vote for a goal I actually witnessed in person! Was away for Ash v Macclesfield AND Ash v Worthing :facepalm: & missed Kargbo in the final. The Braintree win was my favourite game and, despite the build-up slowing down a bit in a middle, the Ming goal was a banger so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ming started the move by winning the ball on the edge of his own box, and the sheer power of the shot from at least 30 yards out was stunning.

The three Kargbo goals all came out of nothing after the opposition had partially cleared a ball into the box. The technique of the one at Bognor - a controlled strike wide of the keeper and into the roof of the net was exquisite. However, rather than including all three I'd have shortlisted the Camara goal against Merstham (where he initiated the move following a throw) and the Tomlin goal against Braintree (when he latched onto a pass out of defence and ran from the halfway line to finish coolly when the game was in the balance) just for variety.

Goal A: Gavin Tomlin vs Burgess Hill Town, Saturday 10th September - best combination of trapping the ball and finishing
Goal B: Ibrahim Kargbo vs Grays Athletic, Tuesday 13th September
Goal C: Ashley Carew vs Worthing, Saturday 19th November - best dead ball strike
Goal D: Sanchez Ming vs Braintree Town, Tuesday 7th February - best piledriver in open play, with a nice build up as a bonus
Goal E: Ashley Carew vs Macclesfield Town, Saturday 7th March - best all-round goal from start to finish, and most important within the context of the match
Goal F: Ibrahim Kargbo vs Leatherhead, Tuesday 4th April
Goal G: Ibra Sekajja (3rd goal) vs Enfield Town, Thursday 27th April - most difficult finish to execute and aesthetically beautiful
Goal H: Ibrahim Kargbo vs Bognor Regis Town, Monday 1st May - best volley

The other two by Kargbo were basically great strikes by an experienced player with a knack for executing that type of shot particularly well with perfect eye/body co-ordination.

Goal E for me.

Though I would have gone for the Braintree own goal, if it was on the list....

Back
Top Bottom