Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich v Cray last match of the season 23/24

One nice thing about yesterday was the mass kids kick about on the pitch after the final whistle. Many stayed for at least half an hour pretending to be big league players, even with the rain falling.

Chambers was out in the centre circle overseeing things, I presume his kids were on the pitch too.

Hak definitely needs another full season minimum for me. Last year I reckon he had a load of players lined up to come in only for us to get relegated.

This year one silver lining of knowing that we have no chance of going up with 3 weeks to go is that he has had extra time to plan ahead.

For those saying we should bin most of the squad, think back to when it was announced that Kresh was on the retained list. Most people, me included, thought it was a terrible decision. But he did ok.

I'd keep Luke, AJ, Scott, Parry and Chambers. Probably Shonibare, Egan, Deacon, JBW, CBB and Danny Mills.

Decent keeper the top of my wanted list. Followed by a centre forward to complement or replace Millsy.

One nice thing about yesterday was the mass kids kick about on the pitch after the final whistle. Many stayed for at least half an hour pretending to be big league players, even with the rain falling.

Chambers was out in the centre circle overseeing things, I presume his kids were on the pitch too.
How many of those kids have been signed on for next season?

Hak definitely needs another full season minimum for me. Last year I reckon he had a load of players lined up to come in only for us to get relegated.

This year one silver lining of knowing that we have no chance of going up with 3 weeks to go is that he has had extra time to plan ahead.

For those saying we should bin most of the squad, think back to when it was announced that Kresh was on the retained list. Most people, me included, thought it was a terrible decision. But he did ok.

I'd keep Luke, AJ, Scott, Parry and Chambers. Probably Shonibare, Egan, Deacon, JBW, CBB and Danny Mills.

Decent keeper the top of my wanted list. Followed by a centre forward to complement or replace Millsy.

Think Scott will be the one that is difficult to keep. Most of the others have been round the block and managers know what sort of standard they are, but Ryley's a bit more up and coming. Wouldn't be surprised if some NLS sides come sniffing.

Him and JBW would be the two absolute priorities for me. Only interested in Shonibare if he's fit - I can't work out if he's been struggling with injuries or if he's just out of favour.

One or two suggestions on Twitter that Egan is not planning on returning.

Completely agree with jezmond re: a Kargbo-type. Ricketts was good when he was fit but he just wasn't fit often enough. Think a real cruncher in front of the centre halves and a top keeper would tighten us up so much. I want a no.10 or two, as well.

Clearly a disappointment of a season in the end, that run up to the Billericay game when we looked like chasing down the playoffs was good fun though

I would hope we don't go in for wholesale changes again, it takes time to build a real connection between club, fans and players which still counts for something at this level I'd like to think

Completely agree with jezmond re: a Kargbo-type. Ricketts was good when he was fit but he just wasn't fit often enough. Think a real cruncher in front of the centre halves and a top keeper would tighten us up so much. I want a no.10 or two, as well.
This is interesting: Ricketts seems to say he was fit for most of the season.

This is interesting: Ricketts seems to say he was fit for most of the season.

If this is correct it makes his regular omission from the squad even more bizarre, and I think that highlights Haks other concerning flaw behind recruitment; communication re players. There were several players this year that just slowly disappeared, the most notable being Sanchez Ming. We only had three players (that I can think of) that had any element of sustained connection with the club at the start of the season; Chambers, Mills and Ming.

Whilst I appreciate that there was an announcement about Ming leaving, from memory it came about four months after he was frozen out of the squad and likely only because Lewes were just about to announce his signing.

I’m sure these things have elements of complexity and details that shouldn’t be made public, but the handling of player news has felt a bit “off” this season, which I assume is down to Hak and not those in the media team.

If this is correct it makes his regular omission from the squad even more bizarre, and I think that highlights Haks other concerning flaw behind recruitment; communication re players. There were several players this year that just slowly disappeared, the most notable being Sanchez Ming. We only had three players (that I can think of) that had any element of sustained connection with the club at the start of the season; Chambers, Mills and Ming.

Whilst I appreciate that there was an announcement about Ming leaving, from memory it came about four months after he was frozen out of the squad and likely only because Lewes were just about to announce his signing.

I’m sure these things have elements of complexity and details that shouldn’t be made public, but the handling of player news has felt a bit “off” this season, which I assume is down to Hak and not those in the media team.

From the little I know about the Ming situation, it wasn't Hak's decision to limit the comms output about his disappearence and departure.

From the little I know about the Ming situation, it wasn't Hak's decision to limit the comms output about his disappearence and departure.
Interesting, thank you. I do think player comms is an area the club could improve in general. We have a huge number of day trippers, and if we want to turn some of those people into regular fans then giving those regular squad/player updates would help.

If you bought your ticket for the Crawley game via Fanbase you might find it's disappeared from your wallet. Your email confirmation, if you haven't deleted it, will have the ticket(s) attached still. I've contacted them and they're hopefully fixing it with new date and time.

If you bought your ticket for the Crawley game via Fanbase you might find it's disappeared from your wallet. Your email confirmation, if you haven't deleted it, will have the ticket(s) attached still. I've contacted them and they're hopefully fixing it with new date and time.
Oops! Posted in the wrong thread - should be in the Women's Team.

Dulwich pics:

In photos: a miserable end to the season as Dulwich Hamlet are stuffed 2-6 at home by Cray Wanderers, Sat 27th April 2024

In photos: a miserable end to the season as Dulwich Hamlet are stuffed 2-6 at home by Cray Wanderers, Sat 27th April 2024

Back
Top Bottom