Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

From what I could see walking by later, the "damage" seemed to consist of five easily removable stickers, so I suspect she'll end up quite embarrassed if any journalists bother to try and document the supposed "vandalism".
All such snowflakes on the right aren’t they.

From what I could see walking by later, the "damage" seemed to consist of five easily removable stickers, so I suspect she'll end up quite embarrassed if any journalists bother to try and document the supposed "vandalism".
No doubt a family friend will be employed to peel them off costing thousands of pounds.

Given Maria follows a few known transphobes on Twitter hopefully there were some “Trans Lives Matters” stickers there too.

It's a shame Worthing got moved.
Unfortunately that was fairly predictable with a London team and a Kent team coming down from the Southern Premier Division. I had a look at where the various new opponents play after we secured our promotion.

Actonians use the Middlesex County FA ground at Northolt, which I've never visited.

Ashford Town (Middlesex) has a modest non-league ground I haven't visited for about 20 years, about 30 minutes walk from Ashford station.

Cambridge United seem to play at St Neots Town FC, which is very close to St Neots station on the Thameslink line, so a nice ground tick for me.

Chatham Town will be familiar to anyone who follows the men's team, around 1 mile from Chatham station.

Chesham United is about half a mile from Chesham Underground station, a nice day out at the furthest end of the Metropolitan Line.

London Bees use a 3G cage next to Barnet's ground, which I've never visited, and appears to have just an uncovered terrace along one side.

London Seaward is the old Leyton Orient women's team and now plays at Barkingside, which is right next to the Tube station on the Central Line.

Norwich City appear to use an academy training facility called The Nest, which is about 5 miles outside the city centre next to a big road junction. They were runners up to Wimbledon last season, and are the biggest club in the division, so I guess they'll be promotion favourites. They seem to get attendances of 300-500, but I've no idea whether they might play the odd game at Carrow Road.

QPR also play at an academy training type facility at Harlington on the northern edge of Heathrow airport.

Real Bedford are the other promoted team and play at a modest non-league ground 3 miles from the town centre.

Sudbury is a decent ground with a 3G pitch about a mile and a half from Sudbury station. Our men's team visited on the opening day of the 2016/17 season.

You might recall that QPR were promoted ahead of us at the end of the pandemic when the FA assessed candidates on various criteria, despite having an inferior playing record over the assessment period. I'm told one of the criteria on which they were preferred was a pledge to play their home games at Loftus Road, yet 3 years later they apparently have not played a single game there. Instead they play at a training ground next to Heathrow Airport. Having looked at the map, I notice Heathrow is actually further west than Worthing, which suggests they and not Worthing should have been shunted into the South West Division.

Sudbury is a decent ground with a 3G pitch about a mile and a half from Sudbury station. Our men's team visited on the opening day of the 2016/17 season.
it may have helped that the sun was shining but Sudbury looked a lovely little town that day. I didn’t get to stay long though, hopefully get to put that right next season.

Of the others, hopeful that Cambridge and Chesham are timed for nice weather.

Norwich definitely played one match late last season at Carrow Road. I think it was versus Ashford, I remember seeing media reports of a 6k gate.

Edited to add I think.QPR use Bedfont Sports forr some of their home matches.

Last edited:
Do the fixtures get released all at once in this league or is it still just in dribs and drabs?

Norwich definitely played one match late last season at Carrow Road. I think it was versus Ashford, I remember seeing media reports of a 6k gate.

Edited to add I think.QPR use Bedfont Sports forr some of their home matches.
It's Brentford who were using Bedfont Sports, although that may change now they have the old Staines Town ground as a dedicated "outground". They missed out on promotion again in the same division as Hamlet reserves.

Norwich played Ashford at The Nest, attendance 340. They may well play one or two games a season at Carrow Road, as Fulham do at Craven Cottage. Our chairman told me QPR have never played at Loftus Road since they were promoted ahead of us.

St Neots is literally next to the station, although it's a 20 minute walk in the other direction to get into the centre of the town itself. Ground is new-ish (when St Neots owner was splashing the cash) so a decent set up with covering at both ends.
Presume that's Rectory Park for Actonians. Part of multi-pitch complex with only one side open to spectators. Saw Shepherds Bush FC play there in Middlesex League.
Carrow Road, yes please; ground five miles outside the city, no thanks!

Norwich played Ashford at The Nest, attendance 340. They may well play one or two games a season at Carrow Road
I think they played twice at Carrow Road last season. Both games well in the thousands. (I think 8k for the last game of the season)
But The Nest is a lovely facility, very modern but in the middle of nowhere. Nothing nearby and the public transport around that area isn't great either. Hoping for a Carrow Road away day though.

I think they played twice at Carrow Road last season. Both games well in the thousands. (I think 8k for the last game of the season)
But The Nest is a lovely facility, very modern but in the middle of nowhere. Nothing nearby and the public transport around that area isn't great either. Hoping for a Carrow Road away day though.

I've just had another look. They had nearly 5,000 at Carrow Road against Cambridge United and nearly 6,000 against QPR, so it looks like they only use it for games against teams everyone is familiar with. I mentioned them using the training ground to Ben after we were promoted, and he said he would push for our game to be played at Carrow Road.

Given Chesham have Alex Horne on the board and have done lots of comedian crossovers such as a regular fundraising event with a number of Taskmaster names, could Dulwich try and angle for something between Chesham and Hamlet comedy club when they come to town? I know there's been a few Taskmaster names who've performed in our clubhouse before

Given Chesham have Alex Horne on the board and have done lots of comedian crossovers such as a regular fundraising event with a number of Taskmaster names, could Dulwich try and angle for something between Chesham and Hamlet comedy club when they come to town? I know there's been a few Taskmaster names who've performed in our clubhouse before
It looks like none of their games last year had more than 70 fans in attendance? Chesham United | The FA Women's National League

Might be worth trying to tap into Horne's ambitions for growth for the women's team and the fact he often responds on Twitter?

I've sent an early attempt:

I believe all at once. Which will be nice.
Yes, that's correct. The piecemeal issuing of fixtures was one of several aspects of the London & SE League our club was distinctly unimpressed with, another being the "joker" that allows each club to request one postponement per season for their own convenience. The first season this happened we barely played a home game in the first 3 months of the season, when the pitch is generally at its best, because our first 3 or 4 scheduled opponents all requested postponements of our home fixtures. I forgot to ask whether we're likely to move our reserves to the FA League Reserve Division.

I've just had another look. They had nearly 5,000 at Carrow Road against Cambridge United and nearly 6,000 against QPR, so it looks like they only use it for games against teams everyone is familiar with. I mentioned them using the training ground to Ben after we were promoted, and he said he would push for our game to be played at Carrow Road.
I know that the song goes: no-one knows us, we don't care, but surely everyone is familiar with DHFC? ;)

You might recall that QPR were promoted ahead of us at the end of the pandemic when the FA assessed candidates on various criteria, despite having an inferior playing record over the assessment period. I'm told one of the criteria on which they were preferred was a pledge to play their home games at Loftus Road, yet 3 years later they apparently have not played a single game there. Instead they play at a training ground next to Heathrow Airport.

[To the tune of “We’re gonna win the league…”]

This isn’t Loftus Road
This isn’t Loftus Road
You lied to get promoted
You lied to get promoted
You lied to get promoted
This isn’t Loftus Road

Actonians use the Middlesex County FA ground at Northolt, which I've never visited.
Decent artificial pitch but a very basic sports centre setup. Sport London e Benfica play there and made my debut for Clapton CFC on that pitch. Bit of a trek from the nearest tube but buses run along the main road outside the centre. Probably BYOB for those that need refreshments.

Probably find these games might have been played on international break weekends. That’s what happened when Brentford played LSEWFL games at the GTech - took on Ashmount Leigh. Nice bunch but not the biggest draw.

I doubt it as the league allocations for Division One South have already been released.View attachment 427816
I'd initially made the assumption that we might not wish to move both teams simultaneously, given the much greater travelling in the FA reserves division compared to this one, but Ben's negative comments about this league made me think we might jump at the opportunity to make a complete break as a club. I think someone suggested a while back that the FA's preference is to have both teams in their league, but Actonians already had a team in both leagues as a precedent.

Back
Top Bottom