Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

DHFC Women's Team

They just need to update the date on the fixture and the ticket should reappear.
I guess some people may not be able to attend the new date. This is why I'm always reluctant to buy online for matches that will never sell out, plus there's always the off chance of multiple train cancellations if there's an infrastructure failure.

I agree as a fan it's hard to see why you need to buy a ticket in advance if it won't sell out.
As a venue it can help a lot to have a rough idea how people are coming, especially for an event when more than usual are likely to turn up.

I agree as a fan it's hard to see why you need to buy a ticket in advance if it won't sell out.
As a venue it can help a lot to have a rough idea how people are coming, especially for an event when more than usual are likely to turn up.
I accept it helps the home club, and I'll do it for our cup ties and friendlies if I'm certain I'll be going, but there's no incentive whatsoever for me to do it for an away game (especially when you think how many postponements we've had this season) unless it might actually sell out.

Do we have any idea of the venue/kick-off time yet? (I know it says 1.30pm on the FA site.)

Do we have any idea of the venue/kick-off time yet? (I know it says 1.30pm on the FA site.)
1.30pm at Horley is presumably the default time and venue, but I'm guessing it's likely to be elsewhere and they're still searching for an alternative venue if they can't say for certain.

Incidentally Dorking came within 13 minutes of ending Dartford's 100% home record in all league and cup matches 3 days ago.

Crawley host Dartford this Sunday, which is scheduled for 1.30pm at Horley.

Dartford finish their season with a 7-0 win against Crawley, which realistically isn't anywhere near enough.

By my maths, over our last two games, 3 points and a goal difference of -8 or better will do it.

Given we play Crawley ourselves next Sunday, it looks time to be booking transport to Saltdean away (at Newhaven Town) on the 19th May. It's looking increasingly like a promotion party by the seaside...

Dartford finish their season with a 7-0 win against Crawley, which realistically isn't anywhere near enough.

By my maths, over our last two games, 3 points and a goal difference of -8 or better will do it.

Given we play Crawley ourselves next Sunday, it looks time to be booking transport to Saltdean away (at Newhaven Town) on the 19th May. It's looking increasingly like a promotion party by the seaside...

This match was played at Three Bridges. The FA website is now showing our game as scheduled for Three Bridges at 1.30pm

Our goal difference is now 9 better than Dartford's, and we're 3 points behind with 2 games left, therefore if we win one of our games by the odd goal we would need to lose the other by at least 10 to not finish top. (I can't find a league table with goals for and against, only goal difference, so I'm not certain who has most goals scored.)

This match was played at Three Bridges. The FA website is now showing our game as scheduled for Three Bridges at 1.30pm

Our goal difference is now 9 better than Dartford's, and we're 3 points behind with 2 games left, therefore if we win one of our games by the odd goal we would need to lose the other by at least 10 to not finish top. (I can't find a league table with goals for and against, only goal difference, so I'm not certain who has most goals scored.)
After today, Dartford have 67 goals scored versus our 62.

The full (yet to be updated) table is available at: Table | Premier | London & South East Regional Women's

At the risk of being told off for getting ahead of myself, you'd expect us to beat Crawley by a lot next week, which means Saltdean would have to beat the Hamlet by an awful lot for us not to win the league.

I'd love to know what odds a bookie would give for Dartford winning the league from here, they'd be very long ones.

Tickets bought on FanBase in advance say the game is at Horley!

Tickets bought on FanBase in advance say the game is at Horley!
I think that was the case last time before they switched it to Three Bridges. (Then back again!) From memory, the wording was "at Horley FC or other home venues", or something like that. When I was looking at their website before last week's postponement I noticed they have a reserve team that seems to use a ground in a village somewhere east of Crawley. I just don't see the point paying in advance for this game when there's so much uncertainty over where and when it will be played. It's not going to sell out.

After today, Dartford have 67 goals scored versus our 62.

The full (yet to be updated) table is available at: Table | Premier | London & South East Regional Women's

At the risk of being told off for getting ahead of myself, you'd expect us to beat Crawley by a lot next week, which means Saltdean would have to beat the Hamlet by an awful lot for us not to win the league.

I'd love to know what odds a bookie would give for Dartford winning the league from here, they'd be very long ones.

We're clearly not going to miss out on goal difference now. The only thing that can go wrong is if we somehow fail to win either game, having won the last 13. A win at Crawley effectively wins the league, but we'll have to wait another week for the trophy presentation.

There are also engineering works on Sunday so there are no trains from London Bridge towards Horley/Gatwick/Three Bridges - they will still run from Blackfriars and East Croydon.

There are also engineering works on Sunday so there are no trains from London Bridge towards Horley/Gatwick/Three Bridges - they will still run from Blackfriars and East Croydon.
Assuming it doesn't get moved again, we now have 4 trains an hour from Blackfriars (first stop East Croydon) and 3 trains an hour from Victoria (calling at Clapham Junction and East Croydon) to Three Bridges. The usual half hourly stopping service from East Dulwich to East Croydon is running normally. The Overground from Denmark Hill is diverted to terminate at Battersea Park instead of Clapham Junction.

These are tremendous, as have been all your pictures this season.

We're so lucky to have you, and I imagine an awful lot of the growth in crowd numbers has come from people seeing the brilliant atmosphere and scenes you're consistently able to capture.

Someone should host an exhibition of your best Spicy Sunday pictures!

Crawley 0 Hamlet 3

So we're champions unless we lose by a 12 goal margin at Saltdean next week! (Which is being played at Newhaven, of course.)

I believe it's a meagre 11 goal margin because Dartford have scored more goals.

However, someone mentioned yesterday that if the game is called off for crowd trouble it's registered as a 10-0 loss, so we always have that as a fallback plan.

I believe it's a meagre 11 goal margin because Dartford have scored more goals.

However, someone mentioned yesterday that if the game is called off for crowd trouble it's registered as a 10-0 loss, so we always have that as a fallback plan.
We can lose by 12 if we score atleast 3 ourselves

Fulltime has a pretty nifty predictor

Anyone know if (when) we go up, are the reserves going to be joining the National League reserve leagues?
If so, Aylesford might find themselves benefiting another reprieve

The final game and some event that might be happening immediately afterwards will be live streamed to the Dulwich Bar for those that can’t make the journey

But obviously we’d love as many of you to be there as possible.

Anyone know if (when) we go up, are the reserves going to be joining the National League reserve leagues?
On a purely selfish basis I hope not! Unfinished business after the league games with Clapton CFC last season. Made an absolute howler with the third Dulwich goal after we (CCFC) were just getting back into the game. Also having played against academy/development sides in cup games this season it could prove quite a leap and possibly counterproductive in the development of young players.

Looking at the teams in the relevant division this season, it looks like a fair amount of extra travelling.

Probably sounds a bit weird, but I'd suggest taking some cash. Of the two times I've been there, Newhaven's card system was down for the duration of one, and intermittently on the blink for the other. Not sure there's a cash machine anywhere close to the ground either. Enjoy the day.

Back
Top Bottom