Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dawn Butler MP closes office

For someone who regularly and self-righteously fulminates about the use of ad hominems, surprised to see you joining the same sweary cohort...and not even particularly inventive. Standards are dropping.

He always has these little meltdowns from time to time. Probably a result of the dangerous levels of cognitive dissonance needed to keep both Victorian morality and Johnson-era carpetbagger toryism running on the same outdated mental hardware.

Dawn Butler MP closes office
London MP Dawn Butler closes office over race threats

Is this the result of anti-social media, Brexit, populist politics? It's a new low really. What is going on in this country?
Some of the context behind this development is set out below:

“They say that politicians have to be thick-skinned, and they have to be resilient. Why do you have to make excuses for these sick online abusers?

As Dawn Butler puts in her bid for deputy, the accidental MP reminisces on her ‘hard route’ into Westminster

Black female MPs condemn racist abuse and death threats they have received for supporting George Floyd protests

"The messages about Dawn Butler and Diane Abbott are a visceral reminder of the discrimination black women face in the workplace ..."

The leaked Labour report reveals a shocking level of racism and sexism towards its black MPs

"During her 15 year career with the party, serving as member of parliament, Butler said she had faced a significant level of racist abuse throughout. “It’s not at the scale of Diane [Abbott, who receives almost half of all the online abuse sent to female politicians], but there is the N word, black bitch, go home, you’re diseased, you’re ugly. It is deliberate racial hatred, bullying, and intimidation. It got really bad after Brexit and again now since the death of George Floyd.”

Prove that Labour really is anti-racist, Dawn Butler tells Keir Starmer

I can just about remember when Twitter wasn’t full of fucking racists. The comments after her tweet shows there’s still a lot of people who aren’t comfortable with someone black being in a position of power.
They appear to be the vast majority these days. They clearly loiter under their stones until something like this happens, ready to leap out with a 'race card' gif and a reason why she's wrong. Ugh.

Guardian says the driver was black, a lot of the footage seems to show the driver was white. This is very odd.

Last edited:
Too much focus on the admittedly important race issue is hiding a larger divide that exists between the haves and have nots in Society, anyone who has lived in deprived areas knows how disgracefully they are treated by the Police.
The problem is you can't convince some white middle aged, well off person that this problem exists because their experience of policing will be so different and as we all know its largely well off white middle aged men making the rules

Too much focus on the admittedly important race issue is hiding a larger divide that exists between the haves and have nots in Society, anyone who has lived in deprived areas knows how disgracefully they are treated by the Police.
The problem is you can't convince some white middle aged, well off person that this problem exists because their experience of policing will be so different and as we all know its largely well off white middle aged men making the rules
FOC

Tell us more about the race issue please Bollox

Why is it odd? How are you defining 'white'? The footage shows he is light skinned. There are light skinned black people. Dawn Butler says he is black, I think she would know.

I'm aware of that. But racial profiling in a traffic stop situation would be about perceptions of "race" just as much as self identification and if the people seeing the footage think the driver is white, they perceive the driver as white, what extra information do the police have. Why would their perception be different?

Last edited:
I'm aware of that. But racial profiling in a traffic stop situation would be about perceptions of "race" just as much as self identification and if the people seeing the footage think the driver is white, they perceive the driver as white, what extra information do the policy have. Why would their perception be different?
In the footage we can only see that his forearm seems to be light skinned. We can't see his facial features or hair which the police would have seen and might have determined their perception, along with that he was with a black woman.

I'm aware of that. But racial profiling in a traffic stop situation would be about perceptions of "race" just as much as self identification and if the people seeing the footage think the driver is white, they perceive the driver as white, what extra information do the policy have. Why would their perception be different?
My son is mixed race and very light skinned but with obvious (to me and other black people) black features. However a lot of white people do not even realise his ethnicity until they meet me.
So in answer to your question I think perception varies widely.

Dawn (she is my MP, and I know her) has been threatened on her way to Westminster on the Jubilee line. Other passengers intervened.
Willesden High Road, the surrounding roads and most of Brent is very diverse. One of the most diverse boroughs in the UK. Fascists keep a low profile, the only ones who openly display their racism are some Polish nazis. They put up some stickers and graffiti, and I occasionally see one wearing their skinhead gear.
I also know Dawn, and the abuse she and her staff have had to put up with is quite horrific

Back
Top Bottom