Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

David Cameron's son dies, aged 6

So take your lynching hat off then.

There's no lynching hat on you tube. More this:

pointing20finger.jpg

Saying Oi, you NO!

But before we get carried away, it's worth noting that nobody so far is gloating. Which is how it should be.

No one is gloating but I think speculation about how the tories will capitalise on this is a tad distasteful.

It must be devastating for them, unexpected but considering his condition, regrettably something they needed to prepare for his whole life.

I don't think its out and out proclamation, I just don't think it's in the right taste
I read that as a comment on public opinion, rather than "speculation about how the tories will capitalise on this". But that's just my perception.

I don't give a fuck who or what Cameron is or stands for this morning.
What a absolutely heartbreaking event for anyone to have to go through.

:(

I read that as a comment on public opinion, rather than "speculation about how the tories will capitalise on this". But that's just my perception.

I think any comment beyond an expression of sympathy is tasteless at this point.

Cameroon for all the many many issues I have with him, has never used his family as political capital.

Cameroon for all the many many issues I have with him, has never used his family as political capital.

Really? So when he used his children as extras in the 'webCam' video he wasn't using his family then? When he brings his wife on stage at Tory Conference he's not using his family?

I've seen him speak about his son before and even for a politico, it was very moving and quite humbling.

One can only hope that he brings similar sentiments if, when, he gets elected.

Very sad news for all concerned though.

I think any comment beyond an expression of sympathy is tasteless at this point.

Make sure to let us know when it's ok to make slightly poltical comments in the politics forum.

Really? So when he used his children as extras in the 'webCam' video he wasn't using his family then? When he brings his wife on stage at Tory Conference he's not using his family?

I'm not evening dignifying this.

On the BBC Website theres a link to Cameron on desert island discs talking about his son, I defy you to listen to that and still think the man sees his children as a prop for his career.

But not now, not today. Not allowed to speculate in the politics froum about how this might affect public perception of the 3rd most important man in british parliamentary politics clsoe to a what's likely to be a very close election.You wouldn't be using this issue now would you?

On the BBC Website theres a link to Cameron on desert island discs talking about his son, I defy you to listen to that and still think the man sees his children as a prop for his career.
I think you're reading something into what's be said that really wasn't there.

All that has been said is that there will be public sympathy (of course; why wouldn't there be?) and that this will probably translate into votes. If you think that tasteless, well, fair enough. But it seems a reasonably mild comment to me.

Dignify what? The simple fact that I pointed out you got it wrong? Bit too difficult for you is it?
You having a bit of a problem accepting facts are you? You have made a claim, which is factually inaccurate. No-one doubts his genuine love for his sons and daughter, no-one anywhere on here or elsewhere has said anything close. You however, can't even accept that you were wrong Instead you try and shift it to something else.

It seems totally unexpected as his wife was in work yesterday afternoon. How awful to suddenly lose a child. :(

You wouldn't be using this issue now would you?

Yes butchers you're right, I am a tory spin doctor. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Fedayn said:
You however, can't even accept that you were wrong Instead you try and shift it to something else.

Wrong? how was I wrong.

Christ the pair of you are the Turkey Twizzler and Potato Waffle of this board*

*tasteless.

i think if you don't want people to comment on the political ramifications of things like this then it shouldnt be posted in the politics forum. my thoughts go out to everyone who has lost family recently anyway

Wrong? how was I wrong.

It is too difficult for you isn't it? You claimed, erroneously, that Cameron had never used his family as political capital. I merely replied that he used had his children in his 'webCam' video ie to promote his image as a family man for the voting public. Having his wife on stage with hiom a Tory conference was/is also using your family as political capital. You then spat the dummy claiming we were having a pop. No-one had a pop at anyone, you spat the dummy and whined about 'dignifying this', when all I and Danny had done was point out, that Cameroan, like near ALL politicians, has used his family. There was even video evidence for it, but hey, you're right he never used his family....

i think if you don't want people to comment on the political ramifications of things like this then it shouldnt be posted in the politics forum. my thoughts go out to everyone who has lost family recently anyway

Err... this IS in the politics forum?!

E2A, sorry misread. It was in the general forum wasn't it?

Back
Top Bottom