Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

David Cameron's son dies, aged 6

So are we supposed to feel sympathy for the deaths of children we don't know or not? Do we have to ask the slum kids of Rio whether it's ok first?

It's an emotional minefield. Some sort of pamphlet would be useful.

I think dead child top trumps would be better.

Louis MacNeice

So are we supposed to feel sympathy for the deaths of children we don't know or not? Do we have to ask the slum kids of Rio whether it's ok first?

What I'm asking you is why on earth you chose Cameron's child to get all worked up about, out of the tens of thousands that die every year?

Nothing to do with the media, now, wurrit?

What I'm asking you is why on earth you chose Cameron's child to get all worked up about, out of the tens of thousands that die every year?

you have got quite worked up about Ivan Cameron's death as well tbf

Do you think you're saying anything we don't all know already? It's obvious that we only know about Ivan Cameron's death because his father is the leader of the Tory party, it's equally obvious that his death is no more or less tragic than the death of any other six year old child, it doesn't follow from this that there's something clever or revolutionary about running around shouting about how much you don't care.

Well well well, intellectual giant agricola wades in to set the record straight.

You are pissed off with me for not having some liberal 'common bond between men', that's exactly what this bullshit is about. Which makes butty-boy's obsession with 'outing' me as some middle-class liberal charity do-gooder all the more odd to look at for people who don't understand he's just a bigger ass than I could ever hope to be.

What I said when I started this thread was an appalled reaction to the predictable and completely UN-CYNICAL response with which Urban responds to the media.

You don't take any kind of criticism very well, do you?

Where the fuck have I proposed some kind of paternalistic charitable perspective of 'poor black babies' you disingenuous ass?

You're either missing a very simple point, or are being something of a "disingenuous ass" yourself, that point being that you were the poster to make recourse to arguments involving little kiddies in faraway countries, hence you being tagged as being of the "let's have a jumble sale to help the poor black babies" persuasion.

I think it's simple, myself.
If it's part of your "make-up" to be able to sympathise/empathise with the idea that the death of a child, any child, is a matter for regret, then you can "feel sympathy" for Ivan Cameron just as much (or as little) as for a starving Rio street kid.

I think it's simple, myself.
If it's part of your "make-up" to be able to sympathise/empathise with the idea that the death of a child, any child, is a matter for regret, then you can "feel sympathy" for Ivan Cameron just as much (or as little) as for a starving Rio street kid.

Bingo.

You're either missing a very simple point, or are being something of a "disingenuous ass" yourself, that point being that you were the poster to make recourse to arguments involving little kiddies in faraway countries, hence you being tagged as being of the "let's have a jumble sale to help the poor black babies" persuasion.

Only if you decide to completely and utterly ignore the whole focus of my point.

kkthx

Your point?

I assumed your point was to show everyone what a massive dickhead you are. In that respect you've succeeded brilliantly.

RIP David Camerons son

Would it be really so wrong of me to point out that he looked like a younger young tory?:oops:

Back
Top Bottom