Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

David Cameron's son dies, aged 6

what the hell is this all about? :confused: very weird....

anyway I felt sympathy for Ivan and his family (why wouldn't I? :confused:), but still have the mental capacity to sympathise with/support those in the world less fortunate.

it's not 'one or the other' is it?

Whose been the most hardcore radical on this thread - was it e1986 or das hooverbag? I think DH gets bonus points for pointing to a picture of the starving black babies and screaming don't you care?

I'm quite evidently not liberal hand-wringing you moron, which is exactly why everyone else on this thread is pissed off with me.

You think that consciousness dictates someone's membership of the working-class, anyway? Well dweebs like you can go 'round consciously considering themselves 'of the class' as much as they like, tbh - they're not gonna be able to bring a factory out on strike if they work no-where near one.

Seriously, get a grip.

Your grasp of reality gets thinner and thinner by the day.

People on this thread are pissed off with you for two reasons - because of what you said when you started your "argument", not because of "liberal hand-wringing"; and also because you cannot spell biscuit.

Das Uberdog said:
Oh-ho-ho, you sure fooled me! Well done, old bean. Fancy a buscuit?

You can do much better than strawmen about anyone disagreeing with hooverbag being in thrall to 'the spectacle' and princess di crockery as well.

people keep using 'strawmen' in the most random ways in this thread - are you using it as a verb or something here ? fairplay for refusing to be constricted by bourgeois linguistic constraints etc but it's making interpretation v difficult .

people keep using 'strawmen' in the most random ways in this thread - are you using it as a verb or something here ? fairplay for refusing to be constricted by bourgeois linguistic constraints etc but it's making interpretation v difficult .

The strawman is the demand that you've place around the neck of JimW and others disagreeing with DH - the demand that he (dh) be grief stricken or something about princess di when no such demand has been made.

Well well well, intellectual giant agricola wades in to set the record straight.

You are pissed off with me for not having some liberal 'common bond between men', that's exactly what this bullshit is about. Which makes butty-boy's obsession with 'outing' me as some middle-class liberal charity do-gooder all the more odd to look at for people who don't understand he's just a bigger ass than I could ever hope to be.

What I said when I started this thread was an appalled reaction to the predictable and completely UN-CYNICAL response with which Urban responds to the media.

The strawman is the demand that you've place around the neck of JimW and others disagreeing with DH - the demand that he (dh) be grief stricken or something about princess di when no such demand has been made.

Forget about strawmen, butters, you have bigger issues figuring out what an argument is in the first place.

If we're taking this thread as an example, you wade in and accuse me of being a) middle-class and b) some liberal charity do-gooder and say nothing else of even rhetorical value. Then you go on to insist that actually, you never argued against my position or anything I actually said, and see it as some kind of victory that I would presume you had intended some damage to my position. Meanwhile, you also make a mockery of your own knowledge of both class and what it means to be a liberal charity do-gooder.

Need a rest?

Well well well, intellectual giant agricola wades in to set the record straight.

You are pissed off with me for not having some liberal 'common bond between men', that's exactly what this bullshit is about. Which makes butty-boy's obsession with 'outing' me as some middle-class liberal charity do-gooder all the more odd to look at for people who don't understand he's just a bigger ass than I could ever hope to be.

What I said when I started this thread was an appalled reaction to the predictable and completely UN-CYNICAL response with which Urban responds to the media.

No, what you said in your first post on this thread was just a risibly stupid comment. As for what I am pissed off with, perhaps you should read the earlier posts on this thread where I agreed with e19869.

And still you're unable to find anything, despite explicitly arguing that

What I asked the R-tards such as yourself to do is to compare your liberally grief-stricken concern for 'the plight of all humanity, transcending class divisions' to the fucking reality of who is suffering.

So, show me where i argued what you claim. Or alternatively keep trying to throw dust in others eyes to ensure they don't notice your absolute failure to find anthing from me putting any such case.

And still you're unable to find anything, despite explicitly arguing that

So, show me where i argued what you claim. Or alternatively keep trying to throw dust in others eyes to ensure they don't notice your absolute failure to find anthing from me putting any such case.

Moron- so you pretty much admit the entirety of your inconsistent and nonsensical deluge of shit?

Quoted for posterity:

Das Uberdog said:
Forget about strawmen, butters, you have bigger issues figuring out what an argument is in the first place.

If we're taking this thread as an example, you wade in and accuse me of being a) middle-class and b) some liberal charity do-gooder and say nothing else of even rhetorical value. Then you go on to insist that actually, you never argued against my position or anything I actually said, and see it as some kind of victory that I would presume you had intended some damage to my position. Meanwhile, you also make a mockery of your own knowledge of both class and what it means to be a liberal charity do-gooder.

Need a rest?

Meanwhile I'd also like to see your evidence for attributing me with my paternalistic argument about black babies.

When you say 'r-tards', Uberdog, do you actually mean 'retards'?

Is 'r-tard' now an acceptable way of saying 'retard'?

Just interested, like.

Depending upon who you are, there is neither an acceptable nor unnacceptable way to say 'retard'.

Don't get me started on language use. That's a whole different kettle of crayfish.

So are we supposed to feel sympathy for the deaths of children we don't know or not? Do we have to ask the slum kids of Rio whether it's ok first?

It's an emotional minefield. Some sort of pamphlet would be useful.

Back
Top Bottom