Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling Track

Yeeeeeaaaaah Laura!

I honestly don't know why I care more than I do for any of the other cyclists. I think it's a combo of her age and being an individual event, plus I always like the all-rounders.

I'm confuzzled - iPlayer a bit jumpy for me, didn't Meares elbow Pendleton into a wobble?
Pendo came out of her sprint lane. Stupid rule, what with the lane only being shoulder-width, which at 40mph is not very wide!

Maybe she should've spent less time getting her kit off in magazines and more time reading the rulebook
Yes, that's what it was, she's just unaware of the rules.

It's clearly difficult to stick to that very thin lane when travelling at those speeds, round a corner. She's done it loads of times, this time it went a bit wrong.

But no, let's make cheap jibes anyway.

Maybe she should've spent less time getting her kit off in magazines and more time reading the rulebook

I think it's Newton's laws of motion that fucked her up here tbh. After a nudge from Meares she would've had a choice between correcting her course, which at that speed inevitably took her slightly out of her lane, or going arse over tit into the nearest cameraman.

e2a: If she was nudged that is. It's far from clear even in slo-mo.

The commentators were on the side of Pendo for that one but I'd have to say that the judges decision was right. She swung up and the elbow was raised to fend her off IMO.

Funny how the commentators didn't include that when listing what she is 'known for''.

It's probably something to do with her being the best track cyclist in the world, which people for some reason think is more important than a couple of naked photos in that well known smut-rag, the observer.

I'm currently unemployed and so I'm wondering how do you get a job as a bike holderupper and how much does it pay.

Seemingly you get to occasionally touch the bums of fit cyclists do it looks like a great job.

Back
Top Bottom