Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling (Road Race and Time Trial)

Good to see Rogers off the Sky leash! This could get interesting. Can't wait to see Cancellara and Boonen let fly. It's going to make for a long day, looking out for the decisive move.

How can anyone be stupid enough to have a dog without a lead at a cycle road race?
:mad:

Here's a vid of a stupid French person at this year's TDF (excuse the advert, but it's worth watching).
http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/news/dog-causes-stage-18-crash-philippe-gilbert-angry/
The commentators thought it was a bear but it turned out to be a Newfoundland. Philipe Gilbert went over to argue with the owner and made his little girl cry. Poor kid, she has one fucking stupid father.

After Cav, Bernie Eisel is my favourite Brit. Thought he was Austrian until today.;)

Three Spaniards and Cancellera in the break of over 30 riders, almost a minute ahead:eek:

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Great Britain big-talked themselves out of any help from most teams. Germany and Australia outsmarted themselves. And now Vino, a caught and unrepentant doper, has won gold.

Cancellara looked to have a bust collarbone. Not many people can TT with that, but he's tough.

As for Vino...hmmm. Please report to the doping control.

I had to laugh there when they went to Sue Barker and the sound was all to cock and you could hear some technobod asking what COL was
:D
COLOMBIA you silly sod! Were you not just watching?

From what people in other countries were saying on the CW forum, it wasn't really the BBC's fault. The Olympic producers didn't put up split times or any other info and the camera work was pretty dire.

When do the drug tests get published?

I don't know anything about road racing tactics/rules, but why the fuck did the commentators keep saying that it wasn't fair that team GB had to do most of the work? And that they were controlling the race? From where I was, they weren't controlling anything. In my humble opinion, it simply feels like they didn't break away soon enough and were arrogant in thinking they could do it in a short distance.

You'd think the Brits would know more about filming a bike race. Maybe they didn't use anyone who'd done it before.

I wonder if Cav is regretting boasting about his wonderful dream team, right before four of them try to control a 250k race. :facepalm:

And they kept repeating the same old stuff until it became crystal clear that we weren't in with a chance.

Fuck me, what odds would you have got if you'd asked William Hill this morning, "A gold medal for Kazakhstan on day one"

Back
Top Bottom