Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cushiest breakdown ever?

Spymaster

Plastic Paddy
So I’m with a mate in the Peleponnese, and have just done 3 nights in a very nice hotel in the hills near Monemvasia. We were due to start the next leg of the tour up to Kyparissia this morning but the car wouldn’t start.

Phoned Europcar who said the assistance would be here in about 3 hours. The hotel staff have been awesome, gave us a room to change back into swimming gear and are currently serving us complimentary coffee and cakes by the pool.

IMG_1670.jpeg

Could be worse.

Last edited:
So I’m with a mate in the Peleponnese, and have just done 3 nights in a very nice hotel near Monemvasia. We were due to start the next leg of the tour up to Kyparissia this morning but the car wouldn’t start.

Phoned Europcar who said the assistance would be here in about 3 hours. The hotel staff have been awesome, gave us a room to change back into swimming gear and are currently serving us complimentary coffee and cakes by the pool.

Could be worse.
Bet the spark plugs are in your pocket.

Is it bad that despite all those place names you dropped, I still had to Google maps it to find out which country you’re in? My geography is shocking 🙈

For anyone else similarly afflicted, he appears to be in Greece…!

Now where was the city-state of Sparta located, history fans? Begins with G. Or though at the time it was two words beginning with P and L

Now where was the city-state of Sparta located, history fans? Begins with G. Or though at the time it was two words beginning with P and L
Well I’ve heard of Sparta Prague and that’s near Po Land, so was that the answer you’re looking for? 🤔

We had a puncture in Crete. Sorted by the car hire firm while we waited and had a coke. Super efficient and friendly and got some quiet beach tips while we were waiting. Actually turned out to be a really pleasant experience.

I've become very fond of Greece again lately. We're already looking at flights to Crete for next May. Bloody lovely place. I think this was our best view from a couple of months ago.

20240812_122852.jpg

I've always wanted to be in Dumb Britain in Private Eye. :cool:

I always felt that column was a bit unfair. A lot of those contestants were probably 1) under time pressure; 2) better off giving any answer rather than none. I don't doubt Britons' capacity for dumbness but I think it manifests in different ways.

Back
Top Bottom