Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buying an everyday classic

Is an estate is out? 1974 Rover 3500 S Estate P6 Estoura For Sale By Auction
1hmVZRYCOqAlYyfZQ5LE9gEzCfcV3GQ8PsO3WfE0.jpg

mini cooper s r53 is a future classic

:p

price already starting to rise for a good examples with a lsd

Future classics?
I suspect you ill like the mini best Platinum CarsMINI Mini COOPER S - Platinum Cars

c974b69ce0b408ad8b818a2b5dd54821.jpg

but this strikes me as a cracking little motor and worth considering. Not only that, it is North of the border.

View attachment 373056
But
We had a MINI for just over three months. It was fantastic to drive but unbelievably unreliable. Of those two I'd try the Gordini. It can't be worse than the Clubman.

Reactions: Ax^
the second generation of the new minis had a unreliable turbo engine , the fist gen with the supercharger where a lot more reliable

the second generation of the new minis had a unreliable turbo engine , the fist gen with the supercharger where a lot more reliable
Mine was turbo. It had had a new one fitted. It was the best part of the car.

The rear high level brake light stopped working. New one was £450, excluding fitting

what have you called her :D
Still up for debate. I wanted to spray her yellow and call her Saffy. Which the OH hates.
I said it's short for Saffron.
Oh I like the name Saffron but not the name Saffy.

But a respray is a long ways away. Keeping her Rat look as long as possible. Maybe forever.

Would Lady Campanula Tottington be too much?

• Haha
It's like an Anglia that has been chopped in to many pieces and some of them stuck back together and some left out. I'll grant you, it's an interesting exercise but it's too much Frankenstein for me.

The originality of this is very appealing.

Not to mention it's quite a cool thing. :)
A friend of mine loves a variant but I can't help but feel it's a car with all of the disadvantages of a beetle or a VW bus with little of the charm to make it worth while.

But that's just me and kudos to those that love em and keep em going.

A friend of mine loves a variant but I can't help but feel it's a car with all of the disadvantages of a beetle or a VW bus with little of the charm to make it worth while.

But that's just me and kudos to those that love em and keep em going.
I've owned a Beetle (Apple Green 1600 GT Beetle) and quite enjoyed it but can see the appeal of a 'more grown up' version, the Variants in Coupe and notch back form to me look great.

Old '70s estates like the one above also have a great charm. IMHO of course. :D

I've owned a Beetle (Apple Green 1600 GT Beetle) and quite enjoyed it but can see the appeal of a 'more grown up' version, the Variants in Coupe and notch back form to me look great.

Old '70s estates like the one above also have a great charm. IMHO of course. :D
Fast back, Notch back & Square back.
I know all the lingo from pretending to like them when really i'd walk all over one to get to a Karmann Ghia.

Oh yeah, Fast back! :D

Karmann Ghias are big money now, but you can still find something that could be an everyday classic:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom