Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone Ever Got The Thames Clippers?

When I was working near the Thames I would go to the Blackfriars Clipper pier to eat my sandwich lunch on a sunny day. That pier was only operational during peak hour periods in the morning and evening. It was quieter than the benches on the Embankment above.
I mean to have a day out on the Clippers when lockdown is over and there is some hot weather.
I have a Freedom Pass so £10.20 (with 50% discount) for an all day Roamer Pass isn't bad for a day out.

It's rarely an efficient transport option and too pricey for everyday use, but we've used them for an evening out in town, going to a restaurant near waterloo from our nearest stop. Makes for a nice evening out.

A friend used to live in Putney and says in the summer months there was no better way to commute home on a Friday than by Thames Clipper, beer in hand. Packed to the rafters on Fridays, unsurprisingly enough...

Yes a few times when living in London, once to the hilton? at Canary Wharf for a stay

Clipper used to be part of a day trip for out of towners kids. Start with DLR with kids at the front driving of course. Then onto the cable car and finally the clipper back into town so adults could have a beer or three

Mrs Tag has used it for work, me only socially. I don't know if it was someone having a bad day; I remember on one boat at different boarding points, they refused to wait for one person while they went back to get a ticket and someone else who arrived just as it was departing. A furious row erupted with one of these people.
The boats were very clean and comfortable and a reasonable amount of seating unlike those in Venice or Bangkok

Back
Top Bottom