Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

CPFC 2023/24

Hows the new stand coming along? Is it complete now?

Who's gonna dive for all your freekicks and penalties now?

Will the ulrtos out nigel themselves with another edgey banner about paying too much to get so they can complain about paying to much to get in?

Is the ultro's gorilla coach sparaying squadron still going?

1692244969946.jpeg

This name was mentioned at work yesterday; Francis Lee, who has the record, I believe, for the most penalties in a season.
I digress. Roy's still got fire In his belly. A big one coming up Monday.
IMG_20230803_153450_hdr.jpg

This name was mentioned at work yesterday; Francis Lee, who has the record, I believe, for the most penalties in a season.
I digress. Roy's still got fire In his belly. A big one coming up Monday.
View attachment 387593
So whats your hopes for this season? Plod along and secure another season. Try and win one of the two cups or better than that and try to finish high enough to have ago in the europa league? You ain't got to worry to much about being relegated with Luton and Sheffield in the division. I'd say that's two relegation spots covered. More to the point who's gonna step into Zaha and Olise shoes? You've shown that you can get results without zaha but who's gonna help Esse out and create goals?

ls there any enjoyment to be had still being in that league? You've been there a while now. I mean there's many clubs just competing to stay in it for more of the same the following season. There's such a huge disparity between the the top four/ five and the rest that all you can hope for is you stay up. Isn't that a bit disheartening after a while? I know a few Nigels that said they wouldn't lose to much sleep if you was relegated cause the season you get promoted from the championship is superb and the reason they go to football is to see there team win on a regular basis and achieve something.

I think the sooner the big names fuck off and form a european super league the better. It's what they want and whilst you have clubs that are state owned there is little hope or purpose for lessar clubs in that division. City can more or less field two teams to compete in the champions league and premier then another one for the domestic cups. Going by the shit atmosphere at their home games it seeems even the fans are bored of it.

We flirted with the play offs last season which had me feeling conflicted. I've seen us in the top division. The only reason i would want us promoted again is so my sons generation and those that weren't about in 88/89 could see us in the top league. But from a personal point of view the idea fills me with dread cause i'd fucking hate it. The chances are we'd get walloped every week. If you can't compete then i don't see the point. We'd be surrounded at home games by oddball soccercunts that don't have a team but watch the premier league ( whoever invented the half and half scarf should be strung up by the gonads and pelted with shit ). Kick off times at the mercy of tv companies. There'd be over zealous old bill all over us and filming every move. Then there's the disgraceful cheating and diving that's rife in that division. Please Harry can i have your shirt placards everywhere. No you fucking can't, get your old man to fucking buy one like everyone else does, that or get a fucking paper round- rant ends- Other than all that i think it'd be fucking marvellous :D

Olise is staying. We have now been in top flight longer than ever before but mid table mediocrity beckons. The premiership is now really 3 tiers. Those with the big money from the middle east or wherever, those with some money, who could never compete on equal terms and the rest.
I don't know that there is much enjoyment from the top two leagues.

You looked half decent against a tough Arsenal side. Also enjoyed watching the game minus the theatrics' of Zaha diving about. The game flowed without all the stopages and play acting from ^^^^^. Reckon if you'd have scored first Arsenal would have struggled to break you down. They probably just deserved the win for the chances they created although their final ball into the box was poor.

Hows the new stand coming along? Is it complete now?

This idea that Zaha is a serial diver isn't true. Last season we were awarded 3 penalties and only 1 of those was for a foul on Zaha.

This idea that Zaha is a serial diver isn't true. Last season we were awarded 3 penalties and only 1 of those was for a foul on Zaha.
VAR. As much as i don't like the idea it has stopped a lot of cheating and diving. Because you only got three penalties last season doesn't mean he isn't a massive cheat. It means VAR is actually a very good deterrent that has fucked up the likes of Kane and Zaha and not before time :D How many penalties did you get before VAR came in? As i said, the game was much more enjoyable to watch without all the theatrics that only serves to stop the flow off the game. It wasn't being stopped every other minute whilst Zaha tripped over imaginary legs and rolled around the floor with that fucking daft grimace. Fans pay to watch football not second rate stuntmen doing impersonations of a dying fly. You'll be a better team without him at some point. He was a good fit for your club and got handsomely paid for having zero ambition and being a big fish in a small pond.

1693035289519.png
How's the new stand coming along? Is it true that it's going to be named the ' Zaha can't stand ' when it's finally unveiled? I think it would be quite appropriate and fitting.

Last edited:
Where's his premier and champions league medals? What did he win at Palace? What top six side did he play for? Played two games fro United and ended up being bined off on loan to Cardiff. Yep definitely a man with ambition :D

Yep. No medals of note and stayed with a club that isn't going to win anything. Grin all you like but can you point out where/ what his ambition is/ was?

He was born in Cote D'Ivoire in a family of 9 kids and moved to Thornton Heath and went on to play in the premiership for over 10 years. That's a meteoric rise by any standards.
He showed ambition when he moved to Man Utd.
He showed ambition when he switched from England to Cote D'Ivoire cos he wasn't getting picked.

Where's his premier and champions league medals? What did he win at Palace? What top six side did he play for? Played two games fro United and ended up being bined off on loan to Cardiff. Yep definitely a man with ambition :D
So players who don't win prem or champions league medals lack ambition? :D Some of the best players in the world in that list.

He was born in Cote D'Ivoire in a family of 9 kids and moved to Thornton Heath and went on to play in the premiership for over 10 years. That's a meteoric rise by any standards.
It is but i thought you meant by the way of trophies/ winners medals.

He showed ambition when he moved to Man Utd.
Hahahaha. He played twice for them, demanded a car and fucked of to Cardiff ( not in the car he demanded ) Surely having ambition and with his talent which he had in abundance would have seen him join a top six club that battle fot titles and trophies? He stayed in the comfort zone and in my opinion under achieved. I'm singing his praises here and not knocking him. I'd say the same if he never played for you but took the same path of big fish in a very small pond. He'll be a long time retired and other than the money he'll have nothing to show for all his committment and natural born talent. I've said the same about Kane, loads of goals, loads of money but no winners medals although that will probably change now he's at Munich.

Anyway, hows the new stand coming along?

It is but i thought you meant by the way of trophies/ winners medals.

Hahahaha. He played twice for them, demanded a car and fucked of to Cardiff ( not in the car he demanded ) Surely having ambition and with his talent which he had in abundance would have seen him join a top six club that battle fot titles and trophies?
He was unlucky at Man Utd as Ferguson bought him and then left before he started playing.

So players who don't win prem or champions league medals lack ambition?
You said that not me. You know what i meant. He didn't even take the chance of going to a club that win things did he? Mores the question, if he was so good and ambitious why didn't a big club buy him once he matured?

He was unlucky at Man Utd as Ferguson bought him and then left before he started playing.
Fair point but he dropped down to go to Cardiff which isn't ambitious. Do you know if there's any truth in the rumour about Moyes daughter?

Anyway, back to the current squad. We just came from 2-0 down to beat Plymouth 4-2 and a hat trick for Mateta! Can't remember the last time a Palace player scored 3.

You said that not me. You know what i meant. He didn't even take the chance of going to a club that win things did he? Mores the question, if he was so good and ambitious why didn't a big club buy him once he matured?
You could say the same about Matt Le Tissier.

And probably many others.

There are very few players who ever get to play in the Premier League, and even fewer that win medals there.

Can't remember the last time a Palace player scored 3.
Yannick Bolassie v Sunderland 2015. First and last palace player to score three in a premier match.

Here's one for you- Who's your youngest ever premier league scorer? It's not Zaha. And for bully's special prize - your oldest scorer of a premier league goal?

Back
Top Bottom