Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

COVID-19 in America

Trump and the DG of WHO had a bit of an argument last week via the media.

I saw a bit of Trump's press conference today and he stated he would be making a statement about WHO next week, because the US gives WHO some $500 million apparently. It seemed a way to put pressure on the WHO DG as much as anything else.

Trump and the DG of WHO had a bit of an argument last week via the media.

I saw a bit of Trump's press conference today and he stated he would be making a statement about WHO next week, because the US gives WHO some $500 million apparently. It seemed a way to put pressure on the WHO DG as much as anything else.

He’s such a fucking git.

The word 'shelter' makes it sound like a nuke or something.

Apparently it was originally used in the event of tornadoes, chemical spills etc., then for active shooter situations, now it's being used for lockdowns in which people can still go out to exercise, go to the shops, etc. - some people are calling for it to be replaced by "stay-at-home order," for reasons including the fact that there could be some confusion if people under a coronavirus "shelter-in-place" also had to deal with a tornado and/or active shooter.

Todays press conference might be a spectacle even by Trumps standards - I havent read the report being referred to.

The White House coronavirus taskforce briefing is due to begin in the coming hour.

President Trump is expected to be grilled on a New York Times investigation published on Sunday, which claims that he wasted nearly six weeks and failed to take action in February to prevent the coronavirus spread after he was alerted to the danger by top government officials.

The article cited Trump's "inability or unwillingness to absorb warnings" and says he "squandered" time by focusing on forming a political messaging strategy.

The president may also be asked about the death of his friend, real estate developer Stanley Chera, and his retweet of a post calling for the firing of top US disease expert Dr Anthony Fauci.

The White House later issued a statement saying that Fauci was not being fired.

from the BBC live updates page at 21:38 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52266235

I dunno what time it will start, the live streams are already popping up on youtube but its just a bunch of people, some with masks, hanging around at the moment.

eg

More generally, The Donald is not winning any friends internationally

Simon Tisdall said:
Donald Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic, which he once dismissed as a hoax, has been fiercely criticised at home as woefully inadequate to the point of irresponsibility.

Yet also thanks largely to Trump, a parallel disaster is unfolding across the world: the ruination of America’s reputation as a safe, trustworthy, competent international leader and partner.

Not sure about 'disaster' there .... ;)

I dunno what time it will start, the live streams are already popping up on youtube but its just a bunch of people, some with masks, hanging around at the moment.

eg

Cheers. Appreciated.
I'm finding the whole spectacle astonishing.

Todays press conference might be a spectacle even by Trumps standards - I havent read the report being referred to.

from the BBC live updates page at 21:38 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52266235

He's also probably going to lose his shit because the Democratic governors of Northeast and West Coast states are forming joint task forces to work on reopening their states - or, in Trump's worldview, conspiring behind his back to steal his thunder for defeating the virus as part of a plot to cost him the election this year.

Anyone else watching this?

We all see clips of Trump, but seeing it raw and seeing how every unedited word is literally dripping in narcissism..
I despair. :(

And everyone round him gushing how well he's doing :mad: (can only take a few seconds of it)

"When someone is President of the United States, the authority is total"

Why the fuck am I even surprised about that? Of course he said that.

Onto little side questions now.
Guess that's it.

<still fingers crossed for a zinger, but little hope>

Back
Top Bottom