Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus meme/panic/fear mongering general thread

145906767_1675386989312404_2725879642877965757_o.jpg

Will be initially not serving alcohol, if leaked reports to the Torygraph are to be believed. Sorry to be a party pooper.

On a more serious note, whereas that would be better than not open at all if the government insisted those were the only options, who the fuck is going to go to your typical non-gastro pub if you cannot have a proper drink? Unless you can bring your own booze discreetly and slip £20 each to the landlord for hosting punters, in which case I’d be all for it.

To be fair, as someone who is hearing impaired and relies on lip-reading to understand what people are saying, a year of facemasks has been pretty horrible and isoloating. People should still wear them though, however miserable it is for folks like me.
My sister has the same problem. She also has breathing problems. It is very difficult, but she still wears a mask.

My sister has the same problem. She also has breathing problems. It is very difficult, but she still wears a mask.

I don't have a problem wearing a mask myself, but I cannot understand people who talk to me wearing a mask. My OH has to pull his down to talk to me or tell me what other people are saying (which is allowed as I cannot understand otherwise).

I do find it difficult to realise that other people can understand me when I am wearing a mask though - I find myself pointing and gesticulating more as if I cannot be understood when wearing a mask! :D

Back
Top Bottom