Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

How come so many of them have closed since changes to licensing in supermarkets etc then? Anyway I don't really want an argument about pubs lol

Is that a problem? The purpose of the substantial meal rule is to change the way people drink alcohol during their visit to the pub, it's not just a weird arbitrary rule. So if your aren't drinking alcohol, then...
Nope alls fine here . I didn't post that to illustrate any problem . There was a discussion on rules, enforcement and local councils so I thought the example from Essex was useful.

I was wondering why you'd drawn attention to that particular clause is all
Not because it was some sort of a problem, I think sometimes people forget that not everyone orders alcohol in pubs/bars etc. and tbh I wasn't aware that that clause existed.

It's ridiculous that it's cheaper to get a tea or coffee (£1ish) in Wetherspoons than it is to sit down in most actual cafes. I would prefer to hang around in cafes, but can't afford £3+ for a hot drink. It's bloody rubbish now it's so cold outside. Wish there was at least some wooden huts selling mulled wine and open fire pits in the city centre :( Europe seems to manage.
#tier3

Anyway, my half thought out theory that the current lockdown is radicalising the entire pub sector was lent a little more weight this afternoon when a landlord friend of mine shared a Nigel Farage video...

Just looking at my local area's case rate.
20 cases in the past week (actually to the 28th November) has now put the rate up to around 235 cases per 100,000

Still staying in as much as possible. Gloves, mask and sanitizer when I have to go out ...

Hurry up with those jabs, please.

Just looked at Bristol's cases per 100K. Glad to say very much lower than about 10 days ago when it was 469. Now 175. Hopefully a downwards pattern we'll see across the country.

Don't know what happens regarding restrictions between say January and whenever some / enough of the populas is vaccinated, How in fact that is measured. Clearly there will be a lot more pressure to open stuff up again ahead of whatever the threshold is in the new year, Feb onwards I'd say.

West Sussex county is on under 60 now, I wish the rest of the county & indeed the country were at the Worthing borough level of under 25.

I can't see those numbers being that low after Christmas. :(

Just looked at Bristol's cases per 100K. Glad to say very much lower than about 10 days ago when it was 469. Now 175. Hopefully a downwards pattern we'll see across the country.

That's excellent news, I've just looked at Mr.Bishie land, Brighton & Hove City, which had a student related outbreak causing some big numbers, but they have gone right down to 60 now, slightly lower than West Sussex & well below East Sussex on around 90.

Quarantine to end.

from Saturday business people entering England will not have to quarantine if the purpose of their trip will generate a deal worth more than 100k or save >50 jobs.

As deals take multiple trips to achieve, this new rule is unenforceable and therefore applies to anyone who claims it. Batten down your hatches for third wave...

Danish mink farmers will be allowed in to relocate their farms, ffs...

Back
Top Bottom