Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus in the UK - news, lockdown and discussion

I'm take note sure how this will affect my work.

So much will depend on suppliers and deliveries getting through. I can forsee my actual job (stock control) not being needed. Indeed at the moment I'm not doing part of it (related to online availability) as there is no point. This does tend to happen around Christmas when we're very busy.

Otherwise I can see my working hours changing to cover shifts etc..

Lots of companies we work with have cancelled work with us. Won't let people onto their premises. Google have sent everybody home from Thursday.

So the government might not be doing anything but they're making their own arrangements.

Haven't they said that as of today they are testing everyone attending / in hospital with a respiratory problem? How long does it take for the test results to come in? Because it seems to me this will be the crunch moment - either an enormous surge or a sigh of relief.

Yes the definition for possible cases changed today.

2. Case definitions: possible case, as of 10 March 2020
2.1 Patients who meet the following criteria, regardless of epidemiological links
  • requiring admission to hospital
    and
  • have either clinical or radiological evidence of pneumonia
    or
  • acute respiratory distress syndrome
    or
  • influenza like illness

I wonder at what stage we just start ourselves avoiding groups of people? Even if the instruction has not yet come down from on high. It isn't just that I would rather not get the virus, more significantly I wouldn't like to be the one that infected others during an incubation period. I usually go to my camera club on a Wednesday, there are between 35 and 45 people there usually, many of them retired, if I don't have it I could catch it, if I do have it I could infect others.

I avoided going to my regular class on Sunday as I had a cold, in case it turned into the real thing... It didn't. But I don't think people would have liked to have me sneezing and blowing my nose next to them!

View attachment 201244

We can only hope that this headline is true

If that is true and they are only testing people who have symptoms (and are treating this "any other standard case"), then you really wonder what on earth they are doing. If she is infected then they are one or two people away from our head of state, who is in the very highest risk group for this particular virus. She (Dorries) could have even taken out most of the Cabinet and started on the senior leaders of the armed forces, emergency services and NHS whilst they are expected to provide the national response to this.

Did anyone have Nadine Dorries as the person most likely to wreck the British government in the pool?

It's really not especially good to have someone go down with the virus who has had contact with a v large number of people. A big part of containment measures has been down to tracing contacts and advising them appropriately.

I will, of course, retract this if Trump gets it. Omelettes, eggs, etc.

Given Dorries has it, and given the kind of people who go the races... Cheltenham may turn out to have been a very bad idea.

Back
Top Bottom