Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Clubs / raves that people raved about that actually were mint.

free spirit

more tea vicar?
You know the ones, your mate's been banging on about this night for months, dragged you half way across the country, you walk in the door and...... bang, suddenly you realised that this place is some sort of clubbing / raving mecca.

My starter would have to be The Orbit.

the+orbit+at+Morley.png

Hosted in the unlikeliest of locations, in the middle of morley, a few miles outside Leeds, the first time I went I can remember thinking I'd made some terrible mistake as the taxi took me further and further away from Leeds, at some ungodly hour in the early evening, but as we walked through the doors it all suddenly made sense.

It can't have been later than 8pm and the place was already heaving, dancefloor full and going for it, with dancers hanging over the balcony that ran all around the dancfloor, and lasers going all around the balcony so that dancers literally could reach up and touch the lasers.

The only issue with it was that it had to close at 2.30am, but fuck me did that place have it from early doors right through to kicking out time.

88c92d740cdc44e6f62725f26f3961e7.jpg

It also played host to virtually everyone who was anyone in techno, arguably becoming the best pure techno club in Europe for much of the time it ran. It was pretty much my inspiration when running techno nights, I was always aspiring to run nights that were that good (sometimes I think I even succeeded).

Gutted that I didn't make it down there for more nights tbh, I think I only went 3-4 times, fuck knows why I didn't make it back more than that, though I guess we had our own thing going on most weekends.

Pendragon - Tyssen St Studios, Brixton (various) - so much effort put into the venues, thumping underground hard house/ trance that just captured a great vibe in a moment in time and brilliant mix of people. Especially used to love the chillout areas with the Chai etc.

now a pub, been for roast with my Dad before!

Club Labrynth @ 4aces - one of Londons finest.
The early Strawberry Sundaes in the old community centre arch in Vauxhall before it moved to Cloud 9
Orange @ The Rocket

never partied outside of London at that time, really wish I had tbh.
I went to all the above too :D

Labrynth was unbelievably excellent :thumbs:

Orbit was mint. Voodoo at Le Bateau (Liverpool), Bugged Out! at Nation (Liverpool), Electric Chair / Electric Souls (Manchester). ARTLAB (Preston - conveniently) was the best ever though. It seems to be becoming lost in the mists of time, the internet mainly brings me back to previous posts I've made here. :(

Club wise: Rage on a Thursday night in Heaven, 4Aces, Trip City in Hackney Wick, Nuthouse in Seven Sisters, then later on Roast, AWOL in Angel were my favs.

Rave wise, the 1st Energy in Westway studios blew my socks off then all the big ones of 89, Energy, Biology, Sunrise, World Dance, glorious parties all.

Loads and loads more, but as 19/20 year old back in 89/90 it was an amazing time.

Last edited:
Tunnel Club, Howden, right beside the Tyne Tunnel, was a rave club well before it became popular, about 86-88' got closed down due to noise complaints, played v early Detroit and loads of mental glue sniffing music.

Club wise: Rage on a Thursday night in a Heaven, 4Aces, Trip City in Hackney Wick, Nuthouse in Seven Sisters, then later on Roast, AWOL in Angel were my favs.

Rave wise, the 1st Energy in Westway studios blew my socks off then all the big ones of 89, Energy, Biology, Sunrise, World Dance, glorious parties all.

Loads and loads more, but as 19/20 year old back in 89/90 it was an amazing time.
Great days :cool:

Back
Top Bottom