Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Clubs / raves that people raved about that actually were mint.

1673305365997.jpeg

No mention of Raindance?
From Jenkins's Lane to seOne.

Carl Cox, Dave Angel, LTJ Bukem, John Digweed, Slipmatt, Fabio and Grooverider (to name but a few) all started off there.

Not forgetting the Rat Pack who were also at the infamous Fantastia.

anyone here go?
looks amazing but it mustve leaked a lot of sound outside no? churches arent exactly soundproofed! (also internal acoustics very reverby)

I went there loads back in the day. The Velvet Revolution night mentioned was my first club allnighter. I went to lots of Bubble Clubs, Third Eye Balls, Spacehoppers, HOGs and Atomic Jams. Halcyon days.

You couldn't really hear the music outside over the sound of the windows rattling 😁

The main room was surrounded by a corridor with lots of side rooms off it. So there was quite a bit of space between the main room and the exterior walls

There was a new nightclub that opened up in, of all places an old oast house in the tiny village of Hildenborough in Kent in the early 90's.

It was massive. Two rooms and a big pond outside that lots of people fell in. Punters came from all over the country and the nearest station was only a five minute walk.

Hosted some massive nights including Babelicious with Sasha and Jon Digweed as well as others.

The surrounding countryside was full of minted clubbers at 5am and I lived within walking distance. They were some amazing times.

Sadly it "mysteriously" burnt down. (and me and my mates went there a couple of weeks after, found the underground cellars and liberated all the unscathed bottles of Two Dog and Hooch...)

Last edited:
Did they end up playing The Point gig?

I definitely remember seeing Public Enemy play a short set on College Green in the afternoon. I think we bunked off school for that.. I'm not 100% on the McGonagles gig though, I'm sure I'd remember but you never know.

Three memorable Trinity debutants

Public Enemy – June 1988
A tale of two gigs this one. The first, an afternoon appearance at the Trinity Ball, was nothing to write home about. The second, later that same evening, in McGonagles, was unforgettable. Perhaps the first headline hip-hop act to visit the country, Chuck D used the opportunity – in between bruisingly loud songs – to educate the audience on civil rights.

Well look at what turned up on Twitter, I'm in the front row, yes, with the hair. :D

krtek a houby

Last edited:
Ive been looking for somewhere to post this - Kebra Ethiopia Sound from South Africa - this is the dance i most want to go to in the whole world right now

(playing uk dub from Alpha & Omega camp)

has reached boiler room.... longer dance..(not sure about the speaker position behind the deck ;) )

Back
Top Bottom