Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Clan u75

Players needed for a match tomorrow (Sunday) courtesy of Killswitch.
See the clan sight for details

Kid_Eternity said:
We got slaughtered 14-1 14-1.

I wouldn't take it too much to heart my friend. I asked them 5 times what their server tickrate is and they refused to entertain my question.

I wish I had noted the console command to find that out, because if they were running at a tickrate of 66 or 100, that would explain a lot.

sorearm said:
excusing my general dimness, but what's tickrate?

It's basically the amount of data that goes between the client and the server between a set amount of time or the other way around depending how you look at it.

The default setting (Which our server is set to) is 33.

The next one up is 66, which means that the data would flow through twice as fast between the client and the server. You can have it set to 100, but many peoples connection would not be able to handle much over 20 players at that kind of setting.

There is steep effect when we are dealing with more players. Each player you add to a server, means more data in percentage terms than the last one. Which means the 40th player costs the clan a lot more than the 8th player.

If we wanted to, we could have our server set at 66, but then, we would be restricted to 28 players. I can't remember what it would be for 100, but it wouldn't be many!

My original point is, that if their server was set to a 66 tickrate and they didn't tell us. All they have to do, is set their CounterStrike client to a 66 tickrate and bingo - we are running around with hitboxes twice the size of theirs.

Kid_Eternity said:
Ahhh, so maybe next time we play a match on our server?

No. That's the last thing we want to do. We just need to make sure we find out how to protect ourselves when we visit servers. IE learn the freaking console commands for important CVARS!

I'm working on a setup for when when we book the temp server once a week.

still nun wiser on tickrate :confused: :rolleyes:

why only 5 v 5 they had more members 10 v 10 then main body of clan can have a go.

Im the fucking daddy now :D

layabout said:
No. That's the last thing we want to do. We just need to make sure we find out how to protect ourselves when we visit servers. IE learn the freaking console commands for important CVARS!

I'm working on a setup for when when we book the temp server once a week.

Why would holding the match on our server be the last thing we would want to do? :confused:

Kid_Eternity said:
Why would holding the match on our server be the last thing we would want to do? :confused:
don't think that is what he ment, but that the last thing we'd want to do is to change the tick rate, kind of a cheat when not informing the opposing team.

Now I have a nice spunky ADSL 2MB connection to myself and not a shitty 3MB ntl connection that gets raped by three house mates, I maybe able to start playing again..... ggnn steam downloads :(

Reet..... I've never been part of this, despite wanting to be... and it appears that the god's are against me

C&P from anotehr post:

I recently moved house, and in the upheaval I've lost my HL2 CD/DVD.

Do I have to buy a new one if I want to play online? I still have the special edition box, with Tshirt, CD key, book and everything - just no disc. That disc is not spefically registerted with that key is it... ? So I can just download another copy?

issed off:

I can remember picking up a load of old CDs, mostly cover discs from Computer Arts and hoying them out......

Firky said:
Reet..... I've never been part of this, despite wanting to be... and it appears that the god's are against me

C&P from anotehr post:

I recently moved house, and in the upheaval I've lost my HL2 CD/DVD.

Do I have to buy a new one if I want to play online? I still have the special edition box, with Tshirt, CD key, book and everything - just no disc. That disc is not spefically registerted with that key is it... ? So I can just download another copy?

issed off:

I can remember picking up a load of old CDs, mostly cover discs from Computer Arts and hoying them out......

if you have prevoiulsy loged in to steam and can remember your user name and password hen you can just install a steam clinet, availible for free download, and then it will download all games you have registerd to that user.

Alrighty then, I've just got my copy of HL2 and am ready to be humiliated in the field of conflict, I'll be registering with the clan site shortly, see y'all around. :)

Excellent stuff! Just read your intro post, one thing I should say to all new members is to pm Laya to ask him to sort your account (he'll stick [U75] before your name and give you access to the ultra sensitive and elite clan forums!).;)

tomas said:
if you have prevoiulsy loged in to steam and can remember your user name and password hen you can just install a steam clinet, availible for free download, and then it will download all games you have registerd to that user.

im ready to play :)

Back
Top Bottom