Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Clan u75

rubbershoes said:
see you on there mate.

i only have COd and haven't bought UO yet. don't know if i;ll bother. my favourite maps for multiplayer are carentan, ship (though no on else likes it), pavlov, tigertown and railyard. I venture onto some others but never do rocket, neuville or bocage. they're too big and open and dominated by snipers

I want to see the whites of their eyes before they kill me
I tried it for about 45 minutes yesterday. Didn't have a clue what was going on. Even when I kept getting myself killed early on each round, just so I could spectate (and if you believe that...) to find out what the score was, it was still pretty confusing. Methinks I need to perhaps read the manual before inflicting my skills on the CoD world. :D

were you on single player or multiplayer? single player starts with the training camp which shows weapon use and stuff.You still won't know you're way around and the lines of fire and so on.

If you go staight onto multiplayer without knowing what to do, well you're going to die quickly and often. In multiplayer there are different games you can play. i generally do team deathmatch (tdm) cos you are reinacarnated straight away when you die. It's the same in deathmatch (dm)but that tends to be a bit more hectic. search and destroy (s&d) , headqurters (hq) are a more tactical and you have to wait before to the end of the game before you are reincarnated

it's a great game when you get the hang of what's going on. In multiplayer i'd start with a machine gun if i were you. Thomson if you're US, PPSh if you're ruski and MP40 or 44 for geman. the british machine guns aren't that good. so get it and blast away

Basic tactic guide here

these days i'm often on clan.home.nl-public mayhem server. generally as US

GRENADE!! ;)

I've actually played the single player thing the whole way through when it first came out, but because it was an 'evaluation' copy (ahem..) never played it on multiplayer. Last night, I think I was playing an SD map and didn't quite know where the targets where, how to plant the bombs, diffuse them etc., hence my confusion.

I shall have a little offline practice and hopefully see you there!

(PS Did you ever play Battlefield 1942? Very similar as far as I can see...)

:)

sd is a bit confusing. stick to tdm for non-stop killing mayhem. we loves it..

never played battlefield 1942. i was on the old red alert 2 till i got COD

i'll probably be playing tdm on clan.home.public.mayhem tonight after 10pm if anyone's about (assuming that my computer doesn't decide that i'm not allowed to connect to the net at all as it did yesterday)

we'll have a game of cs:source tomorrow around 5ish (sunday). pop over to the clan forum for more info :) (and if you haven't yet, perhaps join the clan ;) )

Ok, I just joined this clan thing. Now what? :confused:

What games am I going to need(don't want to reread whole thread) and do I buy them or download them?

Ta!

there is a thread there about the games played, with a poll. vote if you have favorites. i'd sugest buying the games, since you'll be playing them online. my recomendation is getting half-life 2 bundled with counter strike source, chepest from amazon at £25 (i think it was) but read the system req before hand. if that's to expencive for you get half-life 1, can be bought realy low price now and then download counter strike 1.6 from counter-strike.net. it's free. cs is always free but runs on the hl engine. there are other games as well but i find the source engine the best, and hl after that. you could always start a new thread at the clan page and ask there as well ;)

I am god.. no serious I was world rank 27 in quake 3 for a week and rank 9 and 10 in original UT instagib. Clanbase ladder leading clan etc. That makes me god ok? (Delusions of grandeur inducing videogames hehe)

I'd love to play CS source with some people from here, show you what an old nutcase can do :)

Ingram mac 10: When you've absolutely positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room (Or just plain skint)

Fancy a meet up tonight?

I usually play on university of teeside server 1 CS source 40 player.

This might seem a silly question but i've been playing fps for quite a while now, still love a game of ut99 but i've never ever, even once, played counterstrike.

Is it any good then?

ziconess said:
This might seem a silly question but i've been playing fps for quite a while now, still love a game of ut99 but i've never ever, even once, played counterstrike.

Is it any good then?
it's by many regarded as the best online game ever and yes it is very good. and counter-strike source is even better :)

anyone know what happened to the COD:UO Jolt servers? They were threatening to upgrade to the new version, then dissapeared, then came back for a couple of weeks with some mirrors for dedicated TDM, CTF etc., now theyve gone again. weird.

annoying too cos they are the only ones to have a dedicated 56K server.

Cloud said:
Fancy a meet up tonight?

I usually play on university of teeside server 1 CS source 40 player.

I play on the Teeside servers most days, usually server 2 as server 1 only plays Office. Not that I don't like Office, is my favourite map but change is good :)

What's your handle? Me Taniwha<U75>

yeah, still playing 1.4. 150mb seemed like a big download on 56K for not much advantage. now the jolt servers have upgraded I usually play on a russian server called ultranet as the lag is managable cos everyone else on there has a cack connection too. I am U75deadmanwalking

Is there any way I can get up and running and shooting at people without:

a) Leaving the safety and comfort of my pc

b) Downloading Steam, going through the registration process and then swearing softly because I don't actually have a credit card, just debit ones?

cstrike-planet.com has a 118MB download available called "CS 1.5 Full Retail" (cs1005.exe) that I'm downloading as I type just for the hell of it. Am I right in thinking that this is just the CS "skin" though, and that I'll still need the HL2 engine from somewhere?

You could order Half Life 2 from CD wow using a debit card. HL2 includes counter strike source.

I ordered HL2 from them and it arrived in about 3 days, so you could be up and running, ready to shoot me in the face with a shotgun by the weekend.

Wintermute said:
Is there any way I can get up and running and shooting at people without:

a) Leaving the safety and comfort of my pc

b) Downloading Steam, going through the registration process and then swearing softly because I don't actually have a credit card, just debit ones?

cstrike-planet.com has a 118MB download available called "CS 1.5 Full Retail" (cs1005.exe) that I'm downloading as I type just for the hell of it. Am I right in thinking that this is just the CS "skin" though, and that I'll still need the HL2 engine from somewhere?

No. Counterstrike 1.5 won't work. It has the Half-Life 1 engine to power it.

Counterstrike Source uses the Half-Life 2 "Source" engine and as such they are completly different.

Counterstrike Source is superior in that it has the Half-Life 2 physics engine, which can make the game much more interesting. As objects get shot, they can fly around all over the place. I even seen one gun fly out of a dead persons hands as the bullets hit the gun.

I like playing CSS but haven't played it for a while. WHen I do play I just encounter 'Ub3r l33t' arseholes who use hacks. So it ends up me getting owned for 2 hours and I end up with about 5 frags :mad:

Back
Top Bottom