Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Clan u75

j6ango1977 said:
I like playing CSS but haven't played it for a while. WHen I do play I just encounter 'Ub3r l33t' arseholes who use hacks. So it ends up me getting owned for 2 hours and I end up with about 5 frags :mad:

That doesn't happen as between us, we work out whether someone is using a hack and we just boot em.

Besides, Valve's anti-cheat system for Source will be released soon.

layabout said:
That doesn't happen as between us, we work out whether someone is using a hack and we just boot em.

Besides, Valve's anti-cheat system for Source will be released soon.

mmmmmmm no hacks eehhh :cool: interesting

j6ango1977 said:
I like playing CSS but haven't played it for a while. WHen I do play I just encounter 'Ub3r l33t' arseholes who use hacks. So it ends up me getting owned for 2 hours and I end up with about 5 frags :mad:

I was getting creamed last night on our server so come on in j6ango. i don't want to be at the bottom of the rankings any more ;)

j6ango1977 said:
mmmmmmm no hacks eehhh :cool: interesting
Nope and we're a good bunch to play with/against whether your a newish player or a veteran. We're getting a good showing in terms of the numbers on the clan server these both members and other peeps.:)

glad i've found the u75 server. most of the people that inhabit css are absolute idiots. e.g "omg u awp noob gay, your such a gay autosniper noob gay" etc..... :mad:

Just making my first donation now. :)

spacemonkey said:
glad i've found the u75 server. most of the people that inhabit css are absolute idiots. e.g "omg u awp noob gay, your such a gay autosniper noob gay" etc..... :mad:

Just making my first donation now. :)

My attitude towards AWPS is that if they are available to buy, they are available to buy. I don't want to disable AWPS on our server, because when it comes to compititions, they'll be availble to buy and then what are we to do when someone on the opposing team starts taking us out with an AWP, if we have never even practised against people who have AWPS?

The best answer to a "noob" running around with an AWP is to shoot the bugger!

lol, yeah you do need the practice after all - when playing on other servers or against other teams they'll 'ave them

Its just part of the experience of practice

and dying and respawining and getting sniped and respawing and getting sniped etc etc

Its not so bad in a large team, but can be a tad annoying if there's only a handful of us and a couple of really experienced players jump on and snipe the hell out of you!

But then again, some maps are really sniper friendly - port for example, I think it just ups your tactics, after all there are only certain snipe points that are strongholds and hopefully you can grenade them then blast the pesky snipers close range

PS will have to wait for next pay day before I can make another donation, really skint this month :(

Loki said:
Well I'm a total noob, but I thought you were all being too polite to tell me that :)

I know its sad isn't it - 'noob' and 'gay' , probably those spotty 14 year old oiks who've been headshooting us the feckers, can't be done with it, its just nice to practice.

tbh most servers are quite used to us newbies, i tend to bash out a quick message saying something 'sorry I'm dying so much i'm a newbie' . the worrying thing is when you see someone with about 40 kills and 5 deaths, that makes me disconnect pronto lol. But bear in mind a lot of people have been playing CS since half life 1 days - I've only started playing CS source... ggrrr

computer has fucked up!

I dunno what the hell is the matter with it - it's either a hard drive failure or virus or both, but I've had a bitch of a time this week trying to get it sorted.

The CPU and motherboard are getting on a bit and I hope they've not gone ... grrr. anyway one of my mates is phoning tonight to try and help me out - in the meantime I'm stuffed and work firewall blocks the u75clan.com site double grrr.

I'm gonig to get some upgrading done anyway - athlon64, new mobo, new graphics card, case, PSU etc so should be sorted in a week or so as soon as I sort out who to buy from (probably komplett at the moment)

so have fun you CS junkies you, catch you up in a bit

J

sorry to hear that :(

hope you get fixed up soon though, and whilst you have a private life perhaps you should catch up with friends and such. ;)

I managed to sort it out last night, I've got 2 hard drives - a new 160 gig seagate barracude and a 60 gig drive that came with the system when I bought it, this is the one that has fucked up I think (it's about 3-4 years old now and is *horror* an IBM, so its coming to end of its life I reckon).

Unfortunately my OS was installed on the smaller drive and I was using the larger one for dumping data on - torrents, pics, music (which all came to about 60 odd gig! jesus!)

Managed to rescue things with my emergency recover disc and win2000 disc, but things still weren't great - but at least managed to rescue stuff like essential torrents, music, outlook .pst file etc.

I've installed XP pro on the newer barracuda drive and going through the horrendous but familiar process of installing software, what a fag man.

so here's the plan - new kit; athlon64 3000+ (venice core), asus A8N mobo, new PSU (450W), new case and prob an X800 graphics card. I can rescue sound card, memory etc from old system and then have fun ha ha! Hopefully I'll have some dosh too for a SATA seagate drive (90 notes for a 250gig, bargain) then can mirror a drive in case anything goes tits up....

god this is the 2nd time this has happened and each time it's a right pain, such is life when computers are a large part of it eh? (sad I know)

see ya'll soon - when komplett and aria have milked my pocket!

tomas said:
hope you get fixed up soon though, and whilst you have a private life perhaps you should catch up with friends and such. ;)

lol, so true!

it's so sad when you realise how much parts of your life depend on your computer

*gets coat*

Yay! New install runs counter strike at full detail, with a 10ms ping! If I knew I'd get that much benefit, I'd have done this ages ago!

i nevr ger better than 50. :(

i don't think that's enough to explain my shockingly poor performance last night though. i was really shite.

the more I play, the worse i get :confused:

Xanadu said:
Ah, it's between 15ms and 50ms now.

*shoots at sorearm again, but misses thanks to shite ping*

Anything up to 80 ms is good.

80-130 ms is "OK"

130 and above is not cool. People see you before you see them.

Above 200 is not playable at all.

layabout said:

80-130 ms is "OK"

For me anything above 60 is unplayable. I've no idea whats up but my machine used to run the game fine but now its choppy and laggy every game...

Xanadu said:
Ah, it's between 15ms and 50ms now.

*shoots at sorearm again, but misses thanks to shite ping*

lol

*dodges bullets but staggers into the wall due to the large amount of G+T in the bloodstream*

*hic*

layabout said:

80-130 ms is "OK"

I've been pretty OK with my ping - its usually 35-40 unless a shed load of bots appear ;)

probably the combination of a 1meg BB connection and a semi-decent gfx card (9800 pro) helps.

rubbershoes said:
i nevr ger better than 50. :(

i don't think that's enough to explain my shockingly poor performance last night though. i was really shite.

the more I play, the worse i get :confused:

*puts arm around rubbershoes shoulder in a manly manner and coughs in a manly manner*

aye you go through phases.... practice practice practice lol - and then you notice (like I've done) at the total hours I've played on CS ... 90 odd, how sad!

It's Wednesday
It's 20.00 hours
Got your headphone and mike together (+ enough beer and combustibles)?

Cos you should be on the [U75] clan server 85.133.16.193 for the weekly three line whip meetup!

This week featuring some new skins courtesy of Layabout and if you're really lucky, Pingu may be modelling that fetching blue terrorist uniform!

I'm out tonight so may not be on till later, if at all

<passes target vest to pingu>

P54.jpg

Back
Top Bottom