Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Clan u75

Hells teeth!

Turned my pc off last night after a smashing CS sesh with the clan, turned it back on again this morning and it wouldn't get past the POST splash screen, can't tab out of it to see what's going on either.

A few days ago on the POST screen when it was checking the RAM it just kept checking it over and over and not moving on but when I escaped out of the check it booted up but now it won't have it at all.

Any ideas anyone? I'm thinking it's the RAM. I'm also thinking it needs a bloody good clean so I'll try that when I get home. Typical innit, finally get my copy of HL2 and the pc goes on the blink. Ho hum.

mmmm maybe it is the RAM working its way loose... do the obvious and unplug/re-plug in everything to check those pesky connections haven't worked loose (RAM, IDE cables...)

Cheers for that, unfortunately after a good clean it still refused to boot so it's going to the menders after work today, for a tenner they diagnose exactly what the problem is and then try to charge me £25 to install the new part I buy off them. Unsurprisingly, I'll be installing it myself.

Hopefully dying continually on a map near you by thursday. :)

Bob Marleys Dad said:
Cheers for that, unfortunately after a good clean it still refused to boot so it's going to the menders after work today, for a tenner they diagnose exactly what the problem is and then try to charge me £25 to install the new part I buy off them. Unsurprisingly, I'll be installing it myself.

Hopefully dying continually on a map near you by thursday. :)

hey,thats happened to me after a u75 sesh!!

my puters fuked!

layabout said:
Log out and log back in with your new user ID "[U75] BMD"

;)

Ah, cheers. :)

Great sesh last night btw, love the fact that there is always an admin there and the maps are great. Cheers Layabout. :)

so what's the deal with this then ?

i got steam, bought cs source and cs condition zero (plus some other stuff) now i'm downloading them from the steam server. can i burn the files onto a dvd or whatever later.

that and what server are you guys all on. can i play with the big boys please ?

:)

fubert said:
that and what server are you guys all on. can i play with the big boys please ?

:)

Sure, the more the merrier! The server is located here: 85.133.16.50:27155

Remember to sign up to www.u75clan.com and pm Layabout (so he can sort out your access). Once you're up and running you'll have some admin rights (basic ones that are extended to all clan members or u75 folk that play on the server) and even if the server is full you be allowed on (it'll auto boot a non clan member). :D :cool:

fubert said:
after one day playing. it's official. i suck.

:D

Hey after one day playing so was everyone else, you were ok imo. I don't think it helped that loads of people kept calling you 'furbert'. :D

I have been playing ages now and i suck

I wouldnt worry about it, when you have spent as much time online as sorearm you'll be OK

yeh, as rubber and chris said, don't worry. i've been playing cs to and fro since -99 and i realy suck so don't beat yourself up.

allthough i blame my bad aim on the fact that there are no good mice to be had for lefthanded people.

I've been playing ages and have actually been getting worse! I'm now at the bottom of the table on the clan stats page with about 650 points!

rubbershoes said:
me too :(

i'm blaming my poor aim and reaction time on the fact that i can't get my mic to work ;)

i'm playing on a laptop at the moment and my mic is a hole in its casing. i would speak to you all but i'd be sitting at the dining table shouting and mrs fubert would have me locked up for being a mentalist.

it's only until our lithuanian carpenter is finished in the office though.

fubert said:
i'm playing on a laptop at the moment and my mic is a hole in its casing. i would speak to you all but i'd be sitting at the dining table shouting and mrs fubert would have me locked up for being a mentalist.

it's only until our lithuanian carpenter is finished in the office though.
that's not stoped me though, although i've got a proper head set, i still sit in at the dining table in the livingroom shouting. my missus is used to a slightly odd husban though so i'm not to worried.

tomas said:
that's not stoped me though, although i've got a proper head set, i still sit in at the dining table in the livingroom shouting. my missus is used to a slightly odd husban though so i'm not to worried.

as it goes my mrs is also a lefty and she got a mouse here no idea which one.

she currently sits opposite me being all smug with her damned zoo tycoon and her precious conservation awards tutting and calling me a psycho.

mrs pingu brings me food and drink whilst i play

with sounds like "ooh wahts he doing?"

*turns to attempt to lipread due to headphones muffling sound*

"sorry babe what was that?"

(Boom headshot)

as pingu crumples to the ground in a heap - again

well i'm clearly improving. i seem to have rounds when i kill more than one enemy then go ages with nowt. italy's ace.

mmmmmmm... ak 47

Back
Top Bottom