Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chromebooks - latest news and discussion

If I decide to upgrade my Chromebook, this is definitely on my list:

13_Thinkpad_C13_Yoga_Hero_Rear_Facing_Left-e1602435377788-600x489.png

ThinkPad-1024x470.jpg

Mine too now.

Blimey. Looks great.

I went from a Chromebook to a ThinkPad and I just love the keyboard, so much so I sent two Chromebooks back because I couldn't stand the keyboards after being spoilt by the ThinkPad..

Prices always come into the mix, be interesting to see how close it is to the US pricing.

/Creates Google alert

Missed out on a Prime Day deal to pick up an Acer 311 touchscreen.

Any other deals out there for c.£200 or less?

For you Office users

Within the next two weeks, Google will begin rolling out a feature that is long overdue – Office files will now automatically open in ‘Office Editing Mode’ by default on the web! Office Editing Mode allows you to work on Microsoft Office files directly in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and Drawings without converting them and retains their formatting nicely too. It also comes with an expanded set of tools for manipulating the document and the ability to collaborate in real-time with others while auto-saving after each keystroke.

Mine too now.

Blimey. Looks great.

I went from a Chromebook to a ThinkPad and I just love the keyboard, so much so I sent two Chromebooks back because I couldn't stand the keyboards after being spoilt by the ThinkPad..

Prices always come into the mix, be interesting to see how close it is to the US pricing.

/Creates Google alert
A bit more about the ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook.

Lenovo’s new AMD-powered ThinkPad C13 Yoga comes with yet another first for Chromebooks

ThinkPad C13 Yoga Chromebook laptop ports

• 1. USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C (power in)
  • 2. 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A
  • 3. Headphone / mic combo
  • 4. MicroSD card reader
  • 5. Speaker
  • 6. Speaker
  • 7. Power button
  • 8. Volume toggle
  • 9. HDMI 2.0
  • 10. USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C
  • 11. Kensington lock slot
  • 12. Optional garaged pen
Like all ThinkPad laptops, the C13 Yoga Chromebook Enterprise is tested against 12 military-grade requirements and more than 200 quality checks. From the Arctic wilderness to desert dust storms, from zero-gravity to spills and drops, you can trust these laptops to handle whatever life throws your way.

1603900569975.png

Consider my appetite whetted! (unless the price is sky high). Update: this site says: " The device will cost $579 in the US, putting it in a pretty affordable price-class. "

Last edited:
Internet/wifi trouble. For the 3rd time this week my chromebook is suddenly unable to connect to the net. The previous 2 times a powerwash seemed to fix it, temporarily obviously. Running diagnostics tells me the following. Any ideas or suggestions welcome at this point :)
Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 19.07.52.pngScreenshot 2020-11-13 at 19.26.49.png
Screenshot 2020-11-13 at 19.07.35.png

Are you connecting to the same wi-fi? Id the CBook updated?
I was connecting to the one in the photo ending in 17-g. I`m now connected to one ending in 17-a on the same rounter. I believe it was updated when I powerwashed it last. Is there a way to check for updates?. Thanks.

I was connecting to the one in the photo ending in 17-g. I`m now connected to one ending in 17-a on the same rounter. I believe it was updated when I powerwashed it last. Is there a way to check for updates?. Thanks.
You need to try and connect to a different router first to eliminate that.

"Google Cloud Print, Google's cloud-based printing solution will no longer be supported as of 31 December 2020. Beginning 1 January 2021, devices across all operating systems will not be able to print using Cloud Print. We recommend that you find an alternative print solution with your respective platform's printing infrastructure."

"Google Cloud Print, Google's cloud-based printing solution will no longer be supported as of 31 December 2020. Beginning 1 January 2021, devices across all operating systems will not be able to print using Cloud Print. We recommend that you find an alternative print solution with your respective platform's printing infrastructure."

That's a bit shit of Google. Especially as they are sold as so easy to use.

FFS Google. They are seemingly on a mission to drop all the stuff I really like about Google/Android.

I see that Google have acquired Cloud Ready OS, which enables you to put Chrome OS on other computers. I won't be rushing to run it on my desktop, but can certainly see its use.

Did you see it "Yesterday at 3:48 AM"? :D

I see that Google have acquired Cloud Ready OS, which enables you to put Chrome OS on other computers. I won't be rushing to run it on my desktop, but can certainly see its use.

Be perfect for old Windows laptops.

Back
Top Bottom