Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Child in buggy blown on to London Tube station tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't mention anything about forums. I just gave you proof.

How many women on here? I'm guessing they are vastly outnumbered by the blokes.

If you'd paid even the slightest bit of attention to these boards you would know that there are loads of women posting here. And one source you cite does not necessarily constitute proof.

You could start a thread with a poll to ask if people are male or female. An anonymous poll would be best.

Is wikipedia a internet forum?
(Online) public contexts such as web forums and Wikipedia, especially if they’re associated with domains such as politics, technology, or knowledge, are still overwhelmingly male-dominated,” said Susan C. Herring, a professor of information science at Indiana University who specializes in online communication.

Wow. Aggressive much?
Yeah, silly me for getting annoyed at the constant shit I'm having to put up with here. Silly me for getting angry at people constantly starting shit and telling lies about me, and making out I said things which I did not.

You almost have to admire his tenacity to carry on with this bullshit.

The study found that 42 million women in the United States (roughly 53% of the 79 million adult women in the United States who use the Internet) participate in social media at least weekly

blogher-2.jpg

Yeah, silly me for getting annoyed at the constant shit I'm having to put up with here. Silly me for getting angry at people constantly starting shit and telling lies about me, and making out I said things which I did not.

Ok so I must have dreamed this:

Um, why do TfL need to "take responsibility"? The stupid woman should have left the brakes on.

And also where you asked this question. Which a lot of us know not to be true:

How many women on here? I'm guessing they are vastly outnumbered by the blokes.

Silly me :D

Ok so I must have dreamed this:

And also where you asked this question. Which a lot of us know not to be true:

Silly me :D
How the fuck does saying one person was stupid, which they were, equate to saying all women are stupid......................

You inferred that the accident was caused by a "stupid woman" rather than watching the video and looking at the facts :facepalm:
Of fuck off. All I said was that the person was stupid.

Why don't stop trying to make out I said things which I fucking didn't.

I can only observe on what I've seen on this and some other threads you've been involved with, but I get the strong impression you have a problem with anger management. You routinely get aggressive when people disagree with you, which is a disproportionate response by any standard. One example was a thread about step heights from train carriages to platforms. Despite several of us giving examples we had observed ourselves, you insisted we were wrong. That's not normal behaviour I'm afraid.

Look at this thread. You plainly got it wrong about assuming most posters are men. Yet, rather than accept that you continue to dig yourself into a hole. :confused:

But is that really true or just a bungle fact?
The first meeting was at Hootananny and there was (I think) me, hatboy and about nine women (and a lurking weirdo Steelgate). I was very surprised given that the only 'internet' meeting I'd had before was for the uk.local.london newsgroup and that was just about 100% men (mostly odd).

In all subsequent urban meetings there's also been a real mix of genders.

I can only observe on what I've seen on this and some other threads you've been involved with, but I get the strong impression you have a problem with anger management. You routinely get aggressive when people disagree with you, which is a disproportionate response by any standard. One example was a thread about step heights from train carriages to platforms. Despite several of us giving examples we had observed ourselves, you insisted we were wrong. That's not normal behaviour I'm afraid.

Look at this thread. You plainly got it wrong about assuming most posters are men. Yet, rather than accept that you continue to dig yourself into a hole. :confused:
Um, it's not me making a big deal out of nothing. It's not me who started the abuse in this thread. It's not me that is spreading lies, and making out someone said something they did not.

I why wouldn't I get angry when I get this kind of abuse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom