Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Child in buggy blown on to London Tube station tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of the millions of people pushing kids around in pushchairs, how many are women and how many are blokes? They are overwhelmingly women - I know you're probably going to start arguing about that too....

The article also says that the police want to talk to the woman, so it's only natural to assume that it was the woman with the pushchair based on both of these facts.
Even without watching the video if you'd read the article you'd have seen the photo of the guy at the start. The silly woman only appeared after the buggy was on the track.

I said it before, but I really am out of here now.

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

Ed, that talks specifically about social media, it doesn't mention anything about forums.

It's just marketing fluff.

There are lots of women on Urban though - just possibly not in the transport forum if that's where you hang out.

Out of the millions of people pushing kids around in pushchairs, how many are women and how many are blokes? They are overwhelmingly women - I know you're probably going to start arguing about that too....

The article also says that the police want to talk to the woman, so it's only natural to assume that it was the woman with the pushchair based on both of these facts.

The police want to speak to the women because she climbed down onto the tracks to rescue the kid, I guess, rather than because she may have been pushing the pushchair.

He made a pre-judgement of the gender of the parent without actually bothering to watch the video. That is a little bit sexist?

Oh give over. The article was about a woman getting onto the tracks after her kids buggy ran away. It's totally reasonable on skim reading the story to assume she didn't apply the brake. I thought exactly the same. On exploring the story to a depth that many won't bother with we discover a bloke helped her.

The initial assumption wasn't sexist. It was just wrong. I'll tell you what as well; there are other people on this thread that made the same mistake and are keeping quiet about it!

It's unimportant and is just being used as a stick to beat Bungle with.

Last edited:
I was winding up for a troll with Bungle earlier on then realised I couldn't be bothered. It would have been never ending.

Oh give over. The article was about a woman getting onto the tracks after her kids buggy ran away. It's totally reasonable on skim reading the story to assume she didn't apply the brake. I thought exactly the same. On exploring the story to a depth that many won't bother with we discover a bloke helped her.
A cursory glance at the BBC article would have shown otherwise. Admittedly it's not the crime of the century, but Bungle hasn't helped himself with some of his subsequent replies.

Hang on a cotton pickin minute,
The two posts I made did not refer to you or mention you so you are rather jumping to conclusions (the very thing you accuse bungle of) if you think you are being included. I mention people jumping in and having a go without referring to the subject under discussion, that was not you as you were discussing it. Also I cannot remember you being among the group on the other thread so that first post was not relevant to you.
It was because you were replying to Weltweit who was accusing me of bullying. At least I think he was but he didn't come back to explain.

My apologies if you didn't mean me.
But I think defending yourself against insinuation of bullying getting the wrong end of the stick is a bit different than being so quick to defend tfl that you get it wrong.

Last edited:
Without wanting to defend Bungle73's behaviour on this or other threads, it really is pretty unedifying to see people lining up to stick the boot in.

FWIW he's basically right. There is little or nothing TfL could have done to prevent this, and it would be impossibly expensive to retro-fit platform-edge doors all over the Tube. Looked at in terms of cost per life saved, the same money would be far better spent on improvements to the roads, better A&E facilities, etc. And if we're talking about spending vast sums of money on the Tube, IMO it'd be better spent on improving disabled access to the older parts of the system, which as slainte said last night, before his point got lost in the slanging match, is currently lamentable.

I suspect a lot of people are aware of all of this, but hey, it's more fun to poke Bungle with a sharp stick and watch the inevitable reaction, isn't it?

Admittedly it's not the crime of the century, but Bungle hasn't helped himself with some of his subsequent replies.

Bungle often does himself no favours but there's never a shortage of folk ready to give him a collective kicking. Some people are more able to deal with robust debate than others. Bungle gets flustered and sweary, and some posters play on that for a bit of sport.

Apart from the assertion that "most" forum users are blokes :hmm: he really hasn't said much wrong here.

Bungle often does himself no favours but there's never a shortage of folk ready to give him a collective kicking. Some people are more able to deal with robust debate than others. Bungle gets flustered and sweary, and some posters play on that for a bit of sport.

Apart from the assertion that "most" forum users are blokes :hmm: he really hasn't said much wrong here.
The lack of willingness to accept (or even just consider) any other opinions doesn't really help either.

essentially you are saying, he's a twat and people on here goad him into being more of a twat?

There are no women on Urban or the internet. Just men in dresses trying to groom nerds into basements so that they can chop them up and hide them in fridges. Tru fact and I've been to Urb meets and am therefore expert.
The last meet I went to was 95% blokes, and that's a Bungle Fact™

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom