Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Child in buggy blown on to London Tube station tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clue is in the name:

Docklands LIGHT Railway.

Light Trains the regs don't require them for driverless trains.
Heavy trains do.
What's the difference? If someone's on the track and gets hit by either type of train they're going to get seriously injured, or even killed.

Again, how come they are not on the surface stations of the JL?

I would go and put this over to the bods at RailUK, if it wasn't for the fact that a) it might not show up for two days, and b) it's the middle of the night.

Then how come they are only installed in the deep level Tube stations, and the surface level stations don't have them? I think your friend is having you on.

He says they only installed them as part of the extension project so only the trains on the platforms on the extension have them. That leaves 5 deep rail stations on that line without them as well as the surface stations that weren't part of the extension.

What's the difference? If someone's on the track and gets hit by either type of train they're going to get seriously injured, or even killed.

Less likely to be killed by a lightweight train seemingly.

A light bullet and a heavy bullet hit you travelling at the same speed. Which does more damage? Something to do with mass and velocity etc.

He says they only installed them as part of the extension project so only the trains on the platforms on the extension have them. That leaves 5 deep rail stations on that line without them as well as the surface stations that weren't part of the extension.
Um, what? There are surface stations that are part of the extension: Stratford, West Ham and Canning Town

Um, what? There are surface stations that are part of the extension: Stratford, West Ham and Canning Town

Well I can't ask him about that as he has gone to bed now.

He left me this before he went:

link paris line 1 ped doors nothing to do with fire systems but for automation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Métro_Line_1

and this proves when picc line upgraded ped doors all stations and again nothing to do with fire

http://www.londonreconnections.com/2014/getting-radical-piccadilly-line-upgrade-2/

My "conduct"? Am I the the one that.....yet again....decided to start shit? I have done zero wrong in this thread.....except thinking that it would be possible to have an adult conversation here without the usual suspects playing their childish little games again.
Just make the fucking complaint, stop the frothing, and get the fuck over it, FFS

A light bullet and a heavy bullet hit you travelling at the same speed. Which does more damage? Something to do with mass and velocity etc.
Light trains are not called 'light' because of their weight but because they are for 'light' urban use, they're still pretty fucking heavy and will kill you if you jump in front of them.

The rolling stock for the tube weighs less than the rolling stock for the DLR. It travels at the same speed. There's no way that getting hit by the DLR is somehow more survivable than a tube train.

I said you "started up " with me, which you did.
I was saying all this in response to Weltweit and Alan who seemed to think it was people just having a dig at you, which I cleanly wasn't doing at the beginning.
Rather than read what I said, you read what you wanted to hear into what I said and jumped in to defend TFL, which is what you always seem to do in some way or another with transport stuff.

That's my point. Not that you "started on me". I am not fucking five.
Hang on a cotton pickin minute,
The two posts I made did not refer to you or mention you so you are rather jumping to conclusions (the very thing you accuse bungle of) if you think you are being included. I mention people jumping in and having a go without referring to the subject under discussion, that was not you as you were discussing it. Also I cannot remember you being among the group on the other thread so that first post was not relevant to you.

"Bungle facts" is 2014's "boat happy".

Mumsnet must be a fucking desert according to bungle.
LOL! That's ONE forum, and one aimed at mothers at that. It proves nothing

“(Online) public contexts such as web forums and Wikipedia, especially if they’re associated with domains such as politics, technology, or knowledge, are still overwhelmingly male-dominated,” said Susan C. Herring, a professor of information science at Indiana University who specializes in online communication.

http://news.discovery.com/tech/is-there-a-gender-gap-online.htm

LOL! That's ONE forum, and one aimed at mothers at that. It proves nothing

http://news.discovery.com/tech/is-there-a-gender-gap-online.htm

http://www.pewinternet.org/2005/12/28/how-women-and-men-use-the-internet

Pew Internet Project surveys between January and June in 2005 show that 67% of the adult American population goes online, including 68% of men and 66% of women. But women slightly outnumber men in the internet population because they make up a greater share of the overall U.S. population.

pix_plz.png

That doesn't mention anything about forums. I just gave you proof.

How many women on here? I'm guessing they are vastly outnumbered by the blokes.

You gave me proof that 95% of people on internet forums have testicles? Really? Where?

That being said, I have to admire your massive balls in claiming your assertion that 95% of people on internet forums are men. That assertion has levels of testosterone and bullshit is so humungous that it almost makes it true,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom