Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Child in buggy blown on to London Tube station tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think women do have bigger problems than your sexism, however, ti's your sexism that i'm dealing with now.

I'd like a source for your assertion that 95% if internet forum users are male please.
I suggest you go away and decide what your actual gripe with me is.......

Is it a) because I said it was woman who left the pushchair and not the man? Oh no! :eek:

Or is it b) because I mistakenly refereed to you as "he"? Shock horror! :eek:

Or maybe it's c) there is no actual "gripe", you're just being an arse.

Is it a) because I said it was woman who left the pushchair and not the man? Oh no! :eek:

Why can it not be both and more?

This is classic bungle, fail to address the actual bungling on which he's been called, and take issue with those calling him on it cos they're just 'being an arse'.
Didn't I have "dealings" with you in that other thread? And making up lies and ridiculous accusations IS being an arse.

That's not what they're there for. They're for airflow reasons.

Lol. My TFl friend will laugh when I show him this.

They are there for driverless train reasons. When the whole network is automatic all stations will be like this although stations with large bends will have something slightly different.

Or maybe it's c) there is no actual "gripe", you're just being an arse.

why I am I only allowed to consider one thing you've posted to be sexist?

Yes really. His words just now: They are called PED doors and that the jubilee line has special vents for the airflow.
Well that's not what they say over at RailUK, and they are people that would know. It's not what it says on Wikipedia either. And PED just means Platform Edge Doors.

Anyhoo:

Is the woman stupid and why:

1. She should have sent someone up the platform to wave the train down and send someone else to alert station staff. So that the live rail is turned off before anyone jumped down.
We can forgive her this because of panic though. She was lucky the driver saw her and did break anyway as that platform has long approach.

2. She should have looked before jumping on the track. She doesn't look either left or right.

3. She goes back for her shopping which is right by the live rail and without looking up the track again. My friend says she is soo extremely lucky that electricity didn't arc from the rail through her as she was in range for it to do so. She must have had rubber soled shoes.
She could have saved her kid and died for the sake of £40 worth of groceries or something.

Anyhoo:

Is the woman stupid and why:

1. She should have sent someone up the platform to wave the train down and send someone else to alert station staff. So that the live rail is turned off before anyone jumped down.
We can forgive her this because of panic though. She was lucky the driver saw her and did break anyway as that platform has long approach.

2. She should have looked before jumping on the track. She doesn't look either left or right.

3. She goes back for her shopping which is right by the live rail and without looking up the track again. My friend says she is soo extremely lucky that electricity didn't arc from the rail through her as she was in range for it to do so. She must have had rubber soled shoes.
She could have saved her kid and died for the sake of £40 worth of groceries or something.
She was probably in shock a bit and not thinking clearly.

Well that's not what they say over at RailUK, and they are people that would know. It's not what it says on Wikipedia either. And PED just means Platform Edge Doors.

LOL. Some people on a internet forum said so and so it must be right. Wiki isn't always right either.

The management came up with all sorts of justifications for them doors (as they were the first lot and they went a bit to town on the project) which will get bandied around as gospel as its official sources said but the clear and simple reason is to keep people off the track and as part of automated train systems.

The jubilee never had any problem with air flow. But yes the new ventilation system with the aid of the PED can now be used to help divert air in certain directions to help control fire as an added bonus.

My friend said to mark this: the whole network will have PED eventually and it has sod all to do with air flow.

LOL. Some people on a internet forum said so and so it must be right. Wiki isn't always right either.

The management came up with all sorts of justifications for them doors (as they were the first lot and they went a bit to town on the project) which will get bandied around as gospel as its official sources said but the clear and simple reason is to keep people off the track and as part of automated train systems.

The jubilee never had any problem with air flow. But yes the new ventilation system with the aid of the PED can now be used to help divert air in certain directions to help control fire as an added bonus.

My friend said to mark this: the whole network will have PED eventually and it has sod all to do with air flow.
Then how come they are only installed in the deep level Tube stations, and the surface level stations don't have them? I think your friend is having you on.

The DLR doesn't have them either, and they are driverless right now.

As for RailUK, it has people on there who are railway staff so I'm quite sure they know what they are talking about. And Wki is usually pretty reliable about such matters.

She was probably in shock a bit and not thinking clearly.

The most intelligent of us can be stupid under pressure / emergencies.
Some idiots can keep there heads in an emergency and apply common sense (which isn't common) to situations.

I tend to be clinically calm in a crisis and then a mess afterwards. I can understand not everyone else can do this.

Then how come they are only installed in the deep level Tube stations, and the surface level stations don't have them? I think your friend is having you on.

The DLR doesn't have them either, and they are driverless right now.

As for RailUK, it has people on there who are railway staff so I'm quite sure they know what they are talking about. And Wki is usually pretty reliable about such matters.

The clue is in the name:

Docklands LIGHT Railway.

Light Trains the regs don't require them for driverless trains.
Heavy trains do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom