Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Child in buggy blown on to London Tube station tracks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only "posting style" I have here that appears to be "unreasonable" is that I don't toe the line everyone here wants me to toe.

I'm not sure why that matters, but I made the comment before I'd looked at the article properly.

I didn't imply anything. Someone said are "we" (who ever "we" are, but I assumed Londoners because that's who makes up the majority of users of this forum, and probably this thread seeing as it is about the Tube) aware of the wind. And all I said that anyone who regualry used the Tube would be aware of it. THAT IS ALL. Why there has been such a huge fuss made over such a benign comment I have absolutely no idea.

I also said that it should be obvious that you don't leave an unsecured pushchair in a place where it can roll into danger. I made no mention of the wind.
made the comment before you looked at the article properly - proves my point about jumping to conclusion don't you think?

it isn't about 'toeing' the line , you just get arsey about stuff real quick

Fucking terrifying. :(

Yes, some stations/platforms are windy BUT this was a freak accident. Buggies can feel like sturdy things and unless you leave it on a hill/slope and assume it will roll away, I doubt the average person would think..'Ah tube station, let me put the brakes on just in case of a massive gust of wind'... Now, maybe they will if they read/hear about this story.

Oh? And show where I did that....?

Right back from your first posts on here.

"Um, why do TfL need to "take responsibility"? The stupid woman should have left the brakes on."

And then "Oh really! What does this say then"

You not only got the facts wrong but just assumed I was having a go a TFL, when I wasn't, and jumped in like the transport white knight to save the day.
Like you do every time. Without actually looking at what's really going on.

made the comment before you looked at the article properly - proves my point about jumping to conclusion don't you think?

it isn't about 'toeing' the line , you just get arsey about stuff real quick
I get "arsey" when people start trouble for no particular reason, and also when they jump on something I said like it was the worst thing ever, and try to make something out of nothing.

Proves what "point"? So tell me why that matters in the slightest? The fact is the brakes were not put on on (it's as plain as the nose on you face, otherwise why would it have rolled away? The wind isn't THAT strong).

Right back from your first posts on here.

"Um, why do TfL need to "take responsibility"? The stupid woman should have left the brakes on."

And then "Oh really! What does this say then"

You not only got the facts wrong but just assumed I was having a go a TFL, when I wasn't, and jumped in like the transport white knight to save the day.
Like you do every time. Without actually looking at what's really going on.
So someone who through their own carelessness causes their child to end up an electrified railway track isn't stupid? I see.

And your post was ambiguous, which you would have realised if you weren't so keen on joining the others in putting the boot into me.

I get "arsey" when people start trouble .

by not aggreeing with your opinions?

by thinking there are things our public transport can and should do better?

by thinking there are some things that are done by train companies that are completely unreasonable?

that isn't starting trouble. getting really arsey with people who disagree with you could well be considered to be starting trouble. but the only person here doing that is you.

by not aggreeing with your opinions?

by thinking there are things our public transport can and should do better?

by thinking there are some things that are done by train companies that are completely unreasonable?

that isn't starting trouble. getting really arsey with people who disagree with you could well be considered to be starting trouble. but the only person here doing that is you.
LOL! It's waste of time even trying to argue with as you are so far from the reality of what's gone on in this thread it isn't true.

Rubbish.

"Company line"? Um, TfL and LUL are publicly owned organisations.

Am I? This "bmd" person is talking gibberish.
When you reply to the post about towing the company line with the above response, What does LUL stand for? Is it not "London Underground Limited"? Therefore it is a limited company so can tow the company line.

When you say "Stupid woman should have put the brakes on" not three posts earlier it was stated the chap... Do you not read what is said just have pre-prepared answers to anything transport related?

Nightmare for the kid's parents, and had the mum not reacted so quickly another train might have arrived, then of course there was the risk of the electric rail.

I do think it is a bit odd this coming out so long after the event. If the kid was injured they probably would have turned up at an A&E the same day.

Is there some public safety message the publishers are trying to get out there? I don't imagine such events are very common.

When you reply to the post about towing the company line with the above response, What does LUL stand for? Is it not "London Underground Limited"? Therefore it is a limited company so can tow the company line.

When you say "Stupid woman should have put the brakes on" not three posts earlier it was stated the chap... Do you not read what is said just have pre-prepared answers to anything transport related?
This exactly what I am talking about.

Why the f are you making such a big fucking deal over whether I said it was the man or the woman? Why the fuck does it matter? It doesn't.

I get "arsey" when people start trouble for no particular reason, and also when they jump on something I said like it was the worst thing ever, and try to make something out of nothing.

Proves what "point"? So tell me why that matters in the slightest? The fact is the brakes were not put on on (it's as plain as the nose on you face, otherwise why would it have rolled away? The wind isn't THAT strong).

So someone who through their own carelessness causes their child to end up an electrified railway track isn't stupid? I see.

And your post was ambiguous, which you would have realised if you weren't so keen on joining the others in putting the boot into me.

I said it before you even posted on this thread.
It wasn't ambiguous as you would have realised if you were not trying to be so quick to run to the defence of a transport network.

And I meant that you got it wrong as it was a bloke that was with the buggy wasn't it?
It was your assumption that it was a "stupid woman" who had done something wrong.

I've just about had enough with this shit.

When the fuck did I say that everyone would know???? I FUCKING DID NOT. What I said was that anyone who regularly uses the Tube would know.

FFS. I am seriously considering putting in offcial complaint to the admins about the way I am spoken to here. The transport forum has become a place where all people want to do is start shit with me. I have had enough.
^^bellend

I said it before you even posted on this thread.
So?
It wasn't ambiguous as you would have realised if you were not trying to be so quick to run to the defence of a transport network.
Um, yes it was; and that fact that you are now trying to argue that it wasn't only further proves my point.

And I meant that you got it wrong as it was a bloke that was with the buggy wasn't it?
It was your assumption that it was a "stupid woman" who had done something wrong.
For about the millionth time, so bloody what. Why the fuck does it matter in the slightest whether I said it was a man or a woman? This is exactly what I said about making a huge deal out of fucking nothing.

LOL! It's waste of time even trying to argue with as you are so far from the reality of what's gone on in this thread it isn't true.

you get arsey because people disagree with you or disagree with some transport company policy, start gobbing off left, right and center, refuse to consider that any opinion other than yours could have any potential merit. then when people don't respond to your demands to agree with you, then we get accusation that disagreement is some form of offense.

it's not just this thread, but a pattern you repeat on every thread on transport that I've seen you comment on.

This exactly what I am talking about.

Why the f are you making such a big fucking deal over whether I said it was the man or the woman? Why the fuck does it matter? It doesn't.
Because not only could you not be bothered to watch the video before expressing an opinion, you could not even be bothered to read the thread. It just comes across as a bit arrogant that is all.

you get arsey because people disagree with you or disagree with some transport company policy, start gobbing off left, right and center, refuse to consider that any opinion other than yours could have any potential merit. then when people don't respond to your demands to agree with you, then we get accusation that disagreement is some form of offense.

it's not just this thread, but a pattern you repeat on every thread on transport that I've seen you comment on.
You know, making up a bunch of blatant lies makes it look like you're bell end here.

How can I have been trying to put the boot in if I posted first?

Um, yes it was; and that fact that you are now trying to argue that it wasn't only further proves my point.

Oh FFS :D It proves nothing. I know what my intention was,

For about the millionth time, so bloody what. Why the fuck does it matter in the slightest whether I said it was a man or a woman? This is exactly what I said about making a huge deal out of fucking nothing.

I think the fact that you don't realise why your assumptions and wording speaks volumes, well, speaks volumes :D

Because not only could you not be bothered to watch the video before expressing an opinion, you could not even be bothered to read the thread. It just comes across as a bit arrogant that is all.
Tell me how watching the video would have changed ANYTHING that I said?? I already knew what happened because it was stated in the OP. Nothing in the actual article, or the video, tells us anything useful that wasn't stated there.

How is it being "arrogant" to sate the bleeding obvious - that whoever was in charge of the pushchair was careless.

Tell me how watching the video would have changed ANYTHING that I said?? I already knew what happened because it was stated in the OP. Nothing in the actual article, or the video, tells us anything useful that wasn't stated there.

How is it being "arrogant" to sate the bleeding obvious - that whoever was in charge of the pushchair was careless.

If you had watched the video you would have seen it was a man. If you had read the thread you would have read that he was referred to as a chap & not a chapess.

If you'd watched the video first you might have realised that it wasn't the "stupid woman" who didn't put the brakes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom