Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Charlotte Dujardin not competing in dressage after whipping video emerges

QueenOfGoths

Fuck you Dave!
She could have been the most decorated female Olympian but looks like she did something unfortunate (for want of a better word as it's not been confirmed what the incident was) in a training session

BBC News - Dujardin out of Olympics after 'error of judgement'

Didn’t someone punch a horse in the Modern Pentathlon last time, I believe horse riding will be replaced with “obstacle racing” from 2028 which I guess is partly due to this.

Of course there’s a wider question that should horse events even be in the Olympics

She could have been the most decorated female Olympian but looks like she did something unfortunate (for want of a better word as it's not been confirmed what the incident was) in a training session

BBC News - Dujardin out of Olympics after 'error of judgement'

"What happened was completely out of character and does not reflect how I train my horses or coach my pupils, however there is no excuse," she said in statement.
Nothing convinces in sincerity of an apology more than the sticky fingerprints of a panicky crisis manager all over a media release statement: “DITCH THE ACTIVE VOICE! SEPARATE THE ACTION FROM YOU THE PERSON! NEVER NAME THE OFFENCE! GET AHEAD OF THE STORY BEFORE THE TABS SPLASH IT! SOUND HUMBLED AND EMPHASISE PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT! LESSONS LEARNED! IT ALL HAPPENED A LONG TIME AGO WHEN YOU WERE LESS MATURE!”

Didn’t someone punch a horse in the Modern Pentathlon last time, I believe horse riding will be replaced with “obstacle racing” from 2028 which I guess is partly due to this.

Of course there’s a wider question that should horse events even be in the Olympics
The horse does all the work and gets none of the sponsorship money. I'm not all that about horses, but they're clearly being screwed

Fuck her. And much as I would love to believe for the sake of the horses she’s had over the years that this was a one-off lapse in judgement, I have trouble believing that’s the case here. A single whip strike from
someone who has otherwise never mistreated animals, I can buy as a one-off loss of temper. Twenty-four times, though? Nah.

The timing of the release of the footage is interesting, to put it mildly. Engineered for maximum damage and consequences for her participation in the Olympics. And frankly, if she really did what is claimed, I raise a glass to the leaker.

Yet again, another entitled arse hole surfaces as a cruel cunt.
I'm not at all surprised that this has been exposed. It's obvious that a horse has to be mistreated to behave in such a manner.
Dressage should be banned as a fucking sport.

Elephants being used in circuses sprang to mind. There's only one way to make an animal perform unnaturally like that and it's cruelty. Said it before, best read out there is ' The Rose Tinted Menagerie '.
Hope the RSPCA get involved and take the twat to court.

Wait, wait, wait... so... Modern pentathlon is going from 'bizarre amalgam of upper class sports' to 'bizarre amalgam of upper class sports, buuut SURPRISE PARKOUR <jazz hands>'. Or I suppose 'surprise promotion of the Ninja warrior franchise (organisation? media trope? idfk) through the one of the weirder bits of the olympics, but credit to them for managing to shoehorn it in somehow. And fuck you crossfit, you lose.'

ITV aired the video... Yep, she's er.... whipping a horse repeatedly. Long whip. Very casually.

The animal cruelty is obviously er... bad. But also imagine riding a clearly distressed horse that is being repeatedly whipped. I mean... Seems extremely fucking dangerous to the human too (who I think I read was 19?).

They have some horse commentator (Adam Cromaty anyone?) saying how he's 'interviewed her on many occasions, commentated on her when she's winning medals, first and foremost she's an animal lover, then she's a competitor'. Uhuh Adam. Because interviewing someone and watching them compete obvs gives you deep insight into their character.

But also imagine riding a clearly distressed horse that is being repeatedly whipped. I mean... Seems extremely fucking dangerous to the human too (who I think I read was 19?).

They have some horse commentator (Adam Cromaty anyone?) saying how he's 'interviewed her on many occasions, commentated on her when she's winning medals, first and foremost she's an animal lover, then she's a competitor'. Uhuh Adam. Because interviewing someone and watching them compete obvs gives you deep insight into their character.
Personally, I don't care how dangerous it is to the human. It's a pity the horses don't throw the riders off when they start abusing them! Whipping a horse whether behind the scenes or in competition is cruel, full stop.

As to calling her animal lover, nothing could be further from the truth! Treating a horse like she did is fucking sick and she deserves everything she gets.

ITV aired the video... Yep, she's er.... whipping a horse repeatedly. Long whip. Very casually.

The animal cruelty is obviously er... bad. But also imagine riding a clearly distressed horse that is being repeatedly whipped. I mean... Seems extremely fucking dangerous to the human too (who I think I read was 19?).

Yeah, no, that's not a one-off. Getting caught on video was the one off.

Back
Top Bottom