Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

Coachwork by vanden plas.....wow. I thought they were all about luxury, like the Princess etc.

I'd not really been aware that they were a real coach builder at one time before BL used the name for a version of a crappy car with extra poncy bits stuck on it

640px-Vanden_Plas_1500_1977.jpg

:facepalm:

Its been at least 2 decades since I saw an example of the worst car I owned a TR7 if anybody finds anything good about the TR7 let me know as I couldnt find anything good about me as it seemed to spend almost as much time in the workshop as it did on the road

I've had two and liked them both eventually. The second one was the best; I bought it off the previous owner for crack money at the side of the road after it had blow a head gasket. I put a 2.4 Toyota 22R with twin Weber DCOE carbs out of a junkyard HiLux in it . After that it was about 90% faster and 900% more reliable.

Last night and this morning, my road has had loads of never/rarely seen sports car going up and down. Guess there must be some rally/club event at one of the hotels up river?

Highlights include Healys, a 3000 and something very old, Lancia Fulvia and Stratos, an Alfa Guilettia and a Jensen. Plus an old Porsche and a few others I don't know - Did Wartburg ever do a Coupe? It was trailing enough smoke! :eek: :D

Last night and this morning, my road has had loads of never/rarely seen sports car going up and down. Guess there must be some rally/club event at one of the hotels up river?

Highlights include Healys, a 3000 and something very old, Lancia Fulvia and Stratos, an Alfa Guilettia and a Jensen. Plus an old Porsche and a few others I don't know - Did Wartburg ever do a Coupe? It was trailing enough smoke! :eek: :D
They did various models

Volvo bought DAF...and the cars went as fast backwards as they did forwards
A friend's parents had a Daf 33 and had a lot of fun with it. The variomatic belt transmission made it very easy to drive. I vaguely recall there was a van version of the Daf 44 which used the same variomatic gearbox.

Browsing around prior to heading down to brooklands on Sunday I see the is a Fiat Stilo Schumacher! One is attending I believe, but has anyone ever seen one?
FiatStiloD_1250x_crop_center.jpg

Browsing around prior to heading down to brooklands on Sunday I see the is a Fiat Stilo Schumacher! One is attending I believe, but has anyone ever seen one?
FiatStiloD_1250x_crop_center.jpg
I pride myself on knowing a lot about cars, including obscure ones, but I've never heard of this. I’m going to need to look for them.

Fucking hell, those things were everywhere when I was a kid. They're the ones with the strange transmission that they borrowed for some old Volvo, too, (ETA: the 343) right?
And I think they shared the engine from with the refrigeration plants of Daf reefer trucks.

Back
Top Bottom