Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cardiff right now.... it's worse than the fucking Nato's!!!

Feel petty mentioning this after the above but the womens' final is tomorrow at Cardiff City Stadium so expect Canton/Grangetown/Riverside to be mayhem. Along with all the other closed roads mayhem.

well ..somewhat surprised .....just drove in from Rhoose ....roads utterly deserted ,including the usual choke point of Dinas ... got my usual parking spot in Grangetown ....and here I am eating breakfast at work ....1 hour early ...think I'll do the same tomorrow

We're in Cardiff for a night. Had a walk around the Bay Area where we're staying last night and I thought it was a lovely atmosphere and a general sense of excitement. The fan zone looks like it will be a great place to watch the game

We're in Cardiff for a night. Had a walk around the Bay Area where we're staying last night and I thought it was a lovely atmosphere and a general sense of excitement. The fan zone looks like it will be a great place to watch the game
There's no big screen to watch it in fan zone.

yeah, don't think there are any screens for people of Cardiff
there's a huge ESPN stage on city hall lawns, presume that is for one set of fans??

No, lots of stuff going on there, but no screen cos it would have brought even more visitors into Cardiff. I'm looking forward to going into town tomorrow to soak up the atmosphere and have a few drinks. Its gonna be ram in there, but hopefully fun.

Evidence for Cardiff being so bad is?

Attended a conference on CSE in Cardiff, police were saying they see a considerable spike in demand for children and young people during big sporting events here. Its sickening.

Attended a conference on CSE in Cardiff, police were saying they see a considerable spike in demand for children and young people during big sporting events here. Its sickening.
There's generally a spike in domestic violence and a few recent murders/ manslaughters can be linked to international day drinking binges.

have heard this through colleague doing an inquiry a while ago too
sick but sadly true

So what is the point of a fan zone? Just somewhere to get pissed? We could have all chipped in and bought them a few cans to stay at home

South wales police want to enter the guinness book of records for the biggest Kettling ....eva ,!.... innit butt ...!

Disappointed they're not catering for local people tho. London is much better at these things than what I've seen from Cardiff Council so far.

Disappointed they're not catering for local people tho. London is much better at these things than what I've seen from Cardiff Council so far.

It's a UEFA/police decision not Cardiff Council.

init! but then a lot will accept any disruption and any amount of coppers with guns "cos it makes us safe" etc and shout down anyone with a dissenting view
so no need to bother with placating the locals

how do you know that?
UEFA never put up fan zones to deter fans without tickets. Plus police didn't want the added security risk. In the aftermath of Manchester there was even a suggestion that police would not guarantee security of event and wanted it played behind closed doors!!

Back
Top Bottom